dtel's wife

TENTATIVE ITINERARY 2017 PILGRIMAGE/EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION LUNCHEON

26 posts in this topic

THIS ITINERARY IS TENTATIVE. CHANGES WILL LIKELY OCCUR. 

WEDNESDAY APRIL 26, 2017 evening--early registration Hampton Inn conference room 

Exact time to be determined 

THURSDAY APRIL 27, 2017

7:45 am Tour/Lunch

meet at Parking Lot Klipsch Factory

Bus provided-donation for bus service requested and small fee for lunch 

PWK Gravesite

PWK Memorial Garden

Historic Washington Tour/Lunch

1:00 pm bus returns to plant

I WILL BE POSTING ADDITIONAL INFO ON THIS TOUR. 

1:30pm-3:30 pm Museum Transfer/Ribbon Cutting 

Refreshments served 

more details on this program to follow

Thursday evening-free time

FRIDAY, APRIL  28, 2017

8:00 am Registration Klipsch Factory Break Room

9:00 am Factory Tour, Lab Tour, new product demos, Listening Room, Museum tours

11:00 am to 1:00 pm break for Employee Appreciation Luncheon

LUNCH PROVIDED for all employees and attendees

3:30 pm Tours conclude 

4:30 pm-5:30pm-6:30pm buses pick up at Hampton Inn and Super8 to transport attendees to Rodney's Place in Bodcaw, AR

Swap meet, Jubs, 600s, question and answer with Paul Jacobs, CEO, Klipsch Group

DINNER PROVIDED

10:00 pm-11:00 pm-12:00 am buses pick up at Rodney's Place to transport attendees to Hampton Inn and Super8 in Hope, AR

SATURDAY, APRIL 29, 2017

9:00 am-10am-11am buses pick up at Hampton Inn and Super8 to transport attendees to Rodney's Place in Bodcaw, AR

LUNCH PROVIDED 

Swap meet

Klipsch Heritage Museum Association General Membership meeting

Jubs/600s

3:00 pm LIVE ENTERTAINMENT BEGINS

Four bands performing:

Worthless Dave Almond-acoustic

Carol Miles and Three of a Kind-jazz

Hazy Jayne-rock

Relentless-party/Southern rock

DINNER PROVIDED

10:00 pm-1100 pm-12:00 am buses pickup at Rodney's Place to return attendees to Hampton Inn and Super8 in Hope, AR

PLEASE NOTE: BUSES ARE BEING PROVIDED ON A DONATION BASIS BY A LOCAL CHURCH IN HOPE, AR. 

WE ARE HOPING TO PARTIALLY FUND THE BUSES WITH REGISTRATION FEES. IF YOU USE THE BUSES, PLEASE CONSIDER FINDING ME AT THE PILGRIMAGE AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE DONATION FUND. 

YOUR REGISTRATION FEES ARE PAYING FOR LUNCH FOR YOURSELF AND ONE HOPE,AR FACTORY EMPLOYEE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017. IT ALSO COVERS A CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS YOUR MEALS AT RODNEY'S. FUNDS ALSO COVER THE AWESOME DESSERTS, AS WELL AS SECURITY AT RODNEY'S. IN ADDITION, IT CONTRIBUTES TO OTHER ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE EVENT, LANYARDS/BADGES, PRINTING ETC 

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND MUCH NEEDED TO SUBSIDIZE THE COST OF THIS EVENT. 

WHEN YOU SEE ANY OF THE KLIPSCH CORPORATE EMPLOYEES PLEASE BE SURE TO THANK THEM FOR THE TIME THEY HAVE SO GENEROUSLY DONATED TO ASSIST ME IN MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE. 

LASTLY, IF YOU GET THE CHANCE TO THANK MR. JACOBS PERSONALLY PLEASE DO SO. HE WAS THE FINAL DECISION MAKER WHEN IT CAME TO BUDGETING. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WE COULD NOT HOLD AN EVENT OF THIS MAGNITUDE WITHOUT THE TIME AND FUNDING PROVIDED BY KLIPSCH. 

NOW GET YOUR REGISTRATION FEES IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO!  WE ARE APPROACHING SETTING A DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT. 

1 person likes this

Thank you so much, this helps a lot.

I do not remember where to find the payment info.

Plz link me to the payment info and where to send it.

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Davis said:

Thank you so much, this helps a lot.

I do not remember where to find the payment info.

Plz link me to the payment info and where to send it.

Please send registration payments as "Friends and Family". The PayPal account for registration payments is:

klipschpilgrimage@gmail.com

2 people like this

@CECAA850 thank you. @Davis feel free to PM me if you need further assistance!  

@jimjimbo  I finally got the Tentative Itinerary posted!!!

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

@jimjimbo  I finally got the Tentative Itinerary posted!!!

Woo Hoo!!  Can't wait.

2 people like this

@dtel's wife  I am curious. We Klipsch brethren need security forces? Having never attended before, I am clueless.

2 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

This is to keep locals out that have not contributed. 

Oh, duh!

Yea last year had a few people wanted to hang around and eat and join in that didn't have a invite or pay fees. NO PROBLEMS from anyone , just wanting to keep those folks out this year. I think it is a good idea. Then yet again, it may be just to keep us crazy folks inside the fence????

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Yea last year had a few people wanted to hang around and eat and join in that didn't have a invite or pay fees. NO PROBLEMS from anyone , just wanting to keep those folks out this year. I think it is a good idea. Then yet again, it may be just to keep us crazy folks inside the fence????

There ain't no fence made that can keep this SW Arkansas-raised feller hemmed-in!

It's been a long time for ME, but when/if you go to Old Washington, there used to be (hopefully it is still there!) a nice little gun collection inside the Old Washington Jail...to include many from different eras up to and including WWII...just a heads-up for the firearms enthusiasts.  They even have a GENUINE J&S Hawken rifle (flintlock), but it is not complete, unfortunately.

2 people like this

Some Master Blade Smiths work and teach classes at the forge in Old Washington. Contact them for a schedule if interested. If they know a tour bus will be there, we might be able to insure that someone's working. I'll contact them if I can get an approximate time from Christy (?), or a confirmation that it's been done.

SSH

2 people like this

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM, ssh said:

Some Master Blade Smiths work and teach classes at the forge in Old Washington. Contact them for a schedule if interested. If they know a tour bus will be there, we might be able to insure that someone's working. I'll contact them if I can get an approximate time from Christy (?), or a confirmation that it's been done.

SSH

One time when we had the typical summer-time "temporary voluntary lay-off" I went to Old Washington daily to assist the blacksmith there.   We took a number of items from the old metal junkyard there and brought them back to life for use in the blacksmith shop, such as hand-crank drill presses, a power-hammer (so that he could forge sabers and other long blades), etc. We even built a hand-powered lathe back in the corner of the building, and one or two spring-treadle saws (using segments of band-saw blades tor the saw part of it). He had been in a major dilemma about acquisition of replacement coil springs for the power hammer and we determined that at least one of them was still good to go....So, I took that particular one over to the NAPA auto parts store in Prescott...we measured the length of it, determined its number of coils. mic-ed its "wire" Outside diameter, and tested its strength and using that information we were able to find perfect replacements for the power hammer.  He was elated that we were able to get it up and running prior to my return to work at the end of the lay-off period!  I can't remember his name now, but the blacksmith was also the mayor of the village and was a retired metallurgy professor from the University of Colorado.  He was particularly adamant that no tobacco products whatsoever were allowed on the premises, particularly since he was a jaw cancer survivor and had been a heavy cigar and pipe smoker prior to being diagnosed with it.  He made a trip down south to get with the descendant of the Mexican Soldier who ended up with Jim Bowie's actual knife from the Alamo, got its dimensions and such...figured in how much of the blade had been "whittled down" from sharpening for over a century...and he started making replicas of it in the shop.  That blacksmith really knew his stuff!

2 people like this

On 3/17/2017 at 11:45 AM, babadono said:

@dtel's wife  I am curious. We Klipsch brethren need security forces? Having never attended before, I am clueless.

IMG_5844_zpsrhp7svw7.jpg

The Washington State Park blacksmith shop will be open, but they will not know until that week whether or not one will be working the forge. More to follow when known.

SSH

1 person likes this

Hmm, I may need to rethink my travel plans.  I was planning on arriving in time for the Museum Transfer/Ribbon Cutting, but now it appears that the festivities are getting started much earlier :lol:

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Seadog said:

Hmm, I may need to rethink my travel plans.  I was planning on arriving in time for the Museum Transfer/Ribbon Cutting, but now it appears that the festivities are getting started much earlier :lol:

I thought so too but I don't really need 2 factory tours this year.

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I thought so too but I don't really need 2 factory tours this year.

What do you mean, two factory tours this year?

You've listed a tour on Thursday and Friday in the announcement above.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You've listed a tour on Thursday and Friday in the announcement above.

The tour on Thursday is to PWKs Gravesite, the PWK Memorial Garden and Historic Washington Park with lunch (small additional charge) in the restaurant at Historic Washington, then returning to the Klipsch plant for the Museum transfer/ribbon cutting ceremony. Bus transportation will be available for a small dontation.