la scala blown woofer

Roche.way

21 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Don't replace the woofer, get it reconed!!!

Roger

You have a specific place in mind - Cos I have a pair of B&W 801 woofers that need it. These are plastic woofers, not paper like EV/Klipsch/JBL

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srinath said:

You have a specific place in mind - Cos I have a pair of B&W 801 woofers that need it. These are plastic woofers, not paper like EV/Klipsch/JBL

Cool.

Srinath.

I am 3 hours from home at work until 7 am tomorow. I absolutely have a place in mind in Ft. Wayne, Indianna.

I will get you Toms information Tomorow...

Rog

Awesome, I'll get that woofer set out and work on getting it to where I can talk to him intelligently about it. I forgot about its condition already.

I bought a VC set for it, some weird metric one like a 55mm or something. But I have a few of those as well. Thanks so much.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1

thanks for the helpful info I am new to the klipsch scene. Had my first encounter at a high school dance where they had a pair of la scalas running and since then I always regarded them as high output monsters,and the guy I Bought from said they were the industrial model very capable of handling high power. I was misled it seems, but boy they sound great. Again thank you and one question I have is that all speakers I have encountered have internal acoustic damping material and these. have none, would be advantages to install some?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Srinath said:

Awesome, I'll get that woofer set out and work on getting it to where I can talk to him intelligently about it. I forgot about its condition already.

I bought a VC set for it, some weird metric one like a 55mm or something. But I have a few of those as well. Thanks so much.

Cool.

Srinath.

Srinath,

I talked to Tom and he said that if the cone kit was not available for your speakers, that he could probably still rebuild your speakers reusing your old cones, so give him a call.  ;)

Roger

19 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Srinath,

I talked to Tom and he said that if the cone kit was not available for your speakers, that he could probably still rebuild your speakers reusing your old cones, so give him a call.  ;)

Roger

I will get on this - I have the VC's but no cones, and I'm sure the cones are re useable, but the entire set is all in various boxes in my old house, and I am not even scheduled to get there for weeks.

May run there Friday just to retrieve this if my wife decides we should. Else, I'll be not able to till past the 17th of april. But I'll call him soon and get his thoughts too.

Cool.

Srinath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roche.way said:

If I where to replace the k-33 is it important to stay with a 4ohm driver and what the difference be on swapping an 8ohm one 

Roche.way,

You should use a 4 Ohm driver because since this driver is used as a compression driver in this instance, the actual resistance load is 16 Ohms due too the resistance load to the driver as seen by an amplifier.

Roger