Chorus II - Worth it?

Cody_Mack

16 minutes ago, Cody_Mack said:

I think he is selling just the C2s. What is your data high price for them?

High 650, I have three pair which sold for 550. The two most recent were $550, Rhode Island and Indy both in B condition.  Somebody in Atlanta was selling some in B condition for $800 but they were on CL for some time and I don't have any evidence they sold for that.

I made note of some which sold for $1221 on Ebay Wisconsin (53 bids) but they were New Old Stock so I didn't include the price with used C2's.

Looks like 1700 is for just the speakers, & if thats the case they are way overpriced IMO.  the boxes add to the value & they do look clean but the black finish is the least desireable & usually doesnt bring what the oiled oak or walnut finishes bring.  I just sold a set of oiled oak in what I would call A condition for $900 & they sold in 1 day on CL.  I think wvu80's average of $538 is pretty far off for chorus 2's, that could be an average for that area, or for below average condition, ive seen some pretty rough ones sell for that price range. for "nicer" condition ones i think 600-750 is a good average & ones in true A condition are getting closer to 800+.  then you have the yahoos on ebay trying to get 1250+... LOL :wacko:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, klipschfancf4 said:

I think wvu80's average of $538 is pretty far off for chorus 2's, that could be an average for that area, or for below average condition, ive seen some pretty rough ones sell for that price range. for "nicer" condition ones i think 600-750 is a good average & ones in true A condition are getting closer to 800+.  then you have the yahoos on ebay trying to get 1250+...

I agree with you Klipsch Fan CF-Four.  I had my own private "impressions" about what certain Heritage speakers sold for, but my memory and my math skills being what they are I decided to start writing things down and let a spreadsheet do the math.  My methods are far from any scientific "truth."   It's part of my audio hobby, just a fun thing to do.

My numbers are from a limited number of listings and as you correctly pointed out, condition, location, upgrades, a motivated buyer and more are all important factors that can't be differentiated with a simple average selling price.

FYI those are "national" numbers, not just from a small region or area, like Chicago which has its own lower-than-average pricing and Houston which seems to have higher prices.

What I find makes the biggest difference in using math to figure avg prices is the occasional "deal" which may be hundreds of dollars lower than  the average selling price.  I can't pick and choose so I include everything because the numbers are the numbers.

$585 average is an incredible price. In CT you won't see them for less than $1100 generally. They are worth what you will pay for them. For me, $1100 for Chorus II would not be out of the question. They are incredible speakers. And what could you buy today that will come close to their performance?

$1700 would be too much, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 7:12 PM, whatever55 said:

there were some on this forum that sold for a crazy price......      I think 1800 -1900

pretty sure those were the NEW/NOS set that were made for a klipsch family member.  never taken out of the boxes... surprised they didnt sell for more.  $1800 was MSRP 20 years ago! 

pretty sure those were the NEW/NOS set that were made for a klipsch family member.  never taken out of the boxes... surprised they didnt sell for more.  $1800 was MSRP 20 years ago! 

Correct. Those were one of my sets, and they sold for an appropriate price.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Correct. Those were one of my sets, and they sold for an appropriate price.

Congratulations, those were indeed a beautiful set.

It was the extra $0.02 that put me out of contention for them.