KG 2.2V

SonicSeeker

I am looking at a KG 2.2V but it seems small, I have KG 5.2's and want to get a center.

I have bought centers such as the RF64II to match my RF7 II'S and was disappointed so the one that matches I found does not always sound the best.

I am also looking at a KV4 and maybe a KLF C7, I have had a KLF C7 and liked it very much.

I just want to make sure my center can produce a good deep sound and keep up with the mains.

Any thoughts?

A friend of mine uses the 2.2v for his center and 2.2's for rear surrounds with his 5.2's and in his smallish sized room it's a great combination. They're kind of a "mini" Academy and fairly decent. Do I think the other centers you mentioned are better? Yes. Are they an exact match for the 5.2's? No. Does it matter? I'll have to leave that for you to decide.

4 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

A friend of mine uses the 2.2v for his center and 2.2's for rear surrounds with his 5.2's and in his smallish sized room it's a great combination. They're kind of a "mini" Academy and fairly decent. Do I think the other centers you mentioned are better? Yes. Are they an exact match for the 5.2's? No. Does it matter? I'll have to leave that for you to decide.

How small would you say his room is.

I am using a 2.2v between my forte 1s and I am surprised how well it works.   Good sounding speaker and I can push the fortes much higher than I thought while the little 2.2V keeps up.  Fortes can leave it in the dust however.  I just saw a nice looking one on the net for 50 bucks.  I don't think you can go wrong with trying one.

2 minutes ago, nlt6mor said:

I am using a 2.2v between my forte 1s and I am surprised how well it works.   Good sounding speaker and I can push the fortes much higher than I thought while the little 2.2V keeps up.  Fortes can leave it in the dust however.  I just saw a nice looking one on the net for 50 bucks.  I don't think you can go wrong with trying one.

Where?