Peachtree Nova 150

Hello, brand new to the forum.  Just purchased a pair of 1978 Klipsch Heresy 1's in excellent condition, with upgraded cross overs.  I'm looking for an all around integrated amp that I can play digital music off my iPhone  and also add a turntable at some point.  Anyone listened to the Peachtree Nova 150 or had experience with Peachtree amps with their Heritage speakers? Thanks for help, newbie to the Hi-Fi forum, looking forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible as I start building my 2.1 audio system.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the closest I come to that criterion is powering my Klipsch Epic CF-4s with a Peachtree iNova, later replacing it with a Bel Canto e.One S300iD (the short-lived twin of the S300iU, differing only in type of DAC input).

Pros for the iNova:

• great ESS Sabre DAC
  • variety of DAC and line inputs
  • switchable tube preamp buffer (not on the Nova 150)
  • fixed output for use as standalone DAC
  • general ease of use

Cons for the iNova:

• amplifier threw out a rather shallow and sometimes ill-defined soundstage, with not enough bass slam and definition.
  • amplifier section reliability

Pros for the S300iD:

• exemplary amplifier, with excellent dynamics, detail and expansive soundstage
  • lots of reserve power
  • higher quality, more precise and adjustable volume control and numbered display
  • Good DAC (if not quite the iNova's caliber)
  • compact and cool running design

Cons:

• one DAC input
  • clean, simple facade comes at the cost of ease of use

Both have variable pre-outs and selectable HT-bypass.

Anyway, the Nova 150 looks to be an excellent amp, far more refined than the iNova.

But you should also consider Bel Canto and their well reviewed C5i, C7R or even separates. They might prove to be superior alternatives.

Hope my two cents helps. Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Big Daddy Griffin

I have used various Peachtree audio products with my various Klipsch heritage speakers, from La Scalla II's, to Forte II's, Cornwall III's, and heresy's III. they sounded good. but I did lov the tube sound after all, and ended up selling all my Peachtree integrated. I used the SE220, the Nova 150, and the Sona Dac/Amp combo.

Imho, you can purchase a DAC ( I am using a Sonica DAC) and a tube amplifier ( lots of choices here and prices), and you will be rewarded with the sound of those speakers.

I found the Peachtree products overpriced, and don't deliver that refined beautiful tube sound that the heritage speakers can and should produce. You will still stay within ur budget, and ejoy an amazing sound.

My 2 cents.  Good Luck, and welcome to the forum .  

• Like 1