JTR subs?

Grizzog

1 hour ago, Grizzog said:

I've read nothing but good things about his products. Decided to go with custom walnut instead of the standard black that's in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your in for quite the treat! Your gonna have more bass than you know what to do with! When I first got my orbital shifters I went to youtube and put in bass test and cranked it. This was the first time I can honestly say I was afraid to keep turning the volume up. I've got a drop ceiling in my room and I could literally see particles falling down from it and pictures on the wall were visibly shaking and rattling and I could barely see straight. I honestly felt like if I had turned it any higher something was going to break. 

Didn't last long though my family came running to the theater room saying I was shaking everything in the house and they said I almost knocked a mirror upstairs off the wall. It was so loud in fact it gave me a headache and later on I had to clean all the particles that had fallen from the ceiling and straighten up all my pictures, one of which had fallen off the wall. Not only is it loud though but the sound quality is great! I also love the way they have XLR inputs and 12volt trigger's so no more signal sensing crap. 

Biggest thing i hate about that signal sensing is when watching a movie with a long dialogue part then a sudden impact scene sometimes the sub takes a second to go on so you miss part of the affect.  

The worst part about ordering from JTR is the wait time, but I can assure you it's worth it. Be prepared though, these subs are HUGE, they were actually bigger than I was anticipating but I made it work and am very happy I did. 

• Like 3

The worst part about ordering from JTR is the wait time, but I can assure you it's worth it. Be prepared though, these subs are HUGE, they were actually bigger than I was anticipating but I made it work and am very happy I did. 

The sub I ordered is 'tiny' compared to your orbit shifters.

I got the Captivator 118HT. I was looking for a bit more clarity in the bass. It also has about 10db more output than the R-115SW across the board so I should stay virtually distortion-free at the volumes I listen.

These 8 weeks are going to take forever!

37 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

The sub I ordered is 'tiny' compared to your orbit shifters.

I got the Captivator 118HT. I was looking for a bit more clarity in the bass. It also has about 10db more output than the R-115SW across the board so I should stay virtually distortion-free at the volumes I listen.

These 8 weeks are going to take forever!

Are you using them for more theater or music?

It's about 50/50. It's the living room and I listen to a lot of music. But, I do enjoy getting some movies shaking the walls. I don't listen to music very loud at all, but movies I crank up a bit. For music, I was looking for more definition around things like the double bass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AaronB123 said:

Biggest thing i hate about that signal sensing is when watching a movie with a long dialogue part then a sudden impact scene sometimes the sub takes a second to go on so you miss part of the affect.

Hell, leave it on and forget about the auto on function.  I had the same problems.  These amps don't use much power to run the electric bill up and I have been using a Klipsch sub in the family room for the past 8 or 9 years always left on.  I believe it is better for the amp circuits.

My Epik sub did not fail until a couple of days after switching it to auto on/off.  Those subs had bad amp and I may be just blowing smoke, lol.

• Like 1

Having done 1, then 2, then 4 subs, I am a big proponent of multiple subwoofers.  I would have recommended 2 that were cheaper had I found this sooner.  Try it near the center of your front wall, first.  The componentry looks top-notch. 

Maybe you can add a 2nd after a while.