NBS...

Schu

On 4/4/2018 at 4:46 PM, jwc said:

The 6DJ8 variety sounded better to me.  I used an Amperex 7208 and Seimens CCA in there.

I hope you mean 7308. A Primo 6DJ8 will sound a little better than a 6H30 I don't believe Mark (juicy Music) or I  ever said it wouldn't. The thing is the headache and expense in finding a quiet primo choice 6DJ8 is not a pleasant undertaking for everyone. I have about 16 nice choice vintage 6DJ8 that I used to use in my BBX's and they are all noisy a pair really nice PQ Phillips 7308 gold pins that became noisy on me after multiple years of heavy use... its a damn shame. I'm a cheap bastard at heart and often run my gear 16 hours a day I refuse to plop down hundreds of dollars on a tube I'm going to use like that. So I use the 6H30..sound almost as good and is always quiet for $30. Nope don''t believe in those 70's and 80's super tubes either... I own 2 of them and they don't sound any different then the modern $30 sovtek or $32 EH gold pin.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, mark1101 said:

I knew you'd get here sooner or later.  

Well things changed in my house quite a lot.  I got Jubs and added a whole other system (digital).  I also finally paired up a single lascala I had for a long time and now I have a system for those as well.

When I posted in 2017, I think I had just gotten my NBS a few months before, and didn't have what I just mentioned yet.  So the Peach just sat for awhile.

Since I picked up the Jubs I needed a preamp and the Peach won't drive a processor or any pro equipment very well.  The NBS does this very well and that setup is very quiet and accurate.

I paired the Peach with the VRDs and lascalas.  Just how it worked out, and I really like that setup and its strong point is imaging.

Honestly, The Peach and NBS are both very good at what they do best.  They are not the same.  I enjoy them both and use them both all the time.

Aahhh BS your just wishy washy... hell I'm convinvced your about 3/4 deaf

2 hours ago, NOSValves said:

I hope you mean 7308. A Primo 6DJ8 will sound a little better than a 6H30 I don't believe Mark (juicy Music) or I  ever said it wouldn't. The thing is the headache and expense in finding a quiet primo choice 6DJ8 is not a pleasant undertaken for everyone.

Yes.  Out of the Country and doing posting from a phone.  7308.  You do have to drop doe to get the good ones.

3 hours ago, NOSValves said:

... hell I'm convinvced your about 3/4 deaf

I will contest that isn't the case.  When we get together with with or without IBSlammin, we have an understood agreement ....that our hearing IS the utmost importance.  We always vote with one hand and make cheers with the other whether the volume knob can or cannot go past #2.  It's a laborious process that sometimes renders too much drinking.