Lucky Charms. The elusive CF4'S.

hogwylde09

congrats!  but why post to the alerts section that you already bought something?  isnt this for letting others know about active sales? 

post pics & info in the 2ch stereo or general info section when you get them home.

6 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

So excited, didn't know where to post them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anywhere? Everywhere?

When you're bursting at the seams with excitement with an acquisition................

In the future, try posting in:  WHAT I GOT TODAY

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/135353-what-i-got-today

I was told version 3, by the seller. He said that the cabinets had been reglued from the back of one rattling, while he was playing some Eagles, Hotel California. When we started talking about some of the mods, surprisingly he said they have been done. Insulation added inside the cabinets and the Dynamat added to the mid/high compression drivers. I thought to myself pretty cool. He also went on to say that I could audition all 3 pair sitting next to each other. That he could not tell any difference in the 3 pair, but maybe I could.
I told him no, that would be fine, that I trusted his opinion. I was just amazed to have the cherry pair. Another thing about his "mancave shop" was that he had at least one of every TOTL Reciever ever made. From Niko to Pioneer to everything imaginable. Must have been 25 or 30 160 wpc. Silver and Black face European version receivers in there. Even more speakers KLF, Pioneer more. I was just in shock. So mainly just discussed the pair of CF, I was getting. I know He had 2 more pair of the CF4'S all lined up in a row, with 3's on the very outside. Amazing collection that was a time capsule. And every bit of it dead mint.

• Like 1

That should have said, at least 160 watts or more, per channel. On all of the Reciever and 2 channel amps. Nothing tube. But I mentioned my McIntosh (of which he had none). But his attention focused on me at that point, and he said he was very interested in getting some tube McIntosh stuff. We both agreed on the McIntosh MC 275 MK IV. He said he loves the green tubes in those. I informed him that they were not green tubes, but rather LED'S that illuminated under the sockets for that effect. I asked if there were anywhere in Austin, he could audition one, his reply was Best Buy with Magnolia. He had seen some MC275 in there.
Now mind you this is just his toy room/garage. Never went into his home. But he told me that there was a $25,000 dollar surround HT system there.
That he listened to the Klipsch $50,000 HT system at the aforementioned Best Buy Magnolia store, and really didn't hear any difference. What incredible people you meet, from a Craigslist wanted post!
Oh, and before I left I asked if he was a forum member, and informed me that he is, but had been inactive on here for quite a while. I asked his handle or username. Forgot but I remember Green in Spanish.
I will have to look that up for translation, and find his profile on here. Jimmy