A question for the electrically inclined.

ozed

I've moved from the US to a country where the electricity standard is 220V AC, and I decided to bring my Promedia 2.1 speakers along. When they arrived here, my brother accidentally plugged them directly into the wall without a transformer. Something inside the subwoofer blew, and I thought they were done for. However when the transformer was ready, I decided to try the speakers for the hell of it, and they worked! After a month however, I started getting severe distortion during playback on the transformer, and just plugged the speakers directly into the 220V socket. They were working perfectly again, and I've been using them for almost 3 years. Why is the system working? And what initially blew in the sub? The speakers no longer work on the transformer, cyclically turning on and off when plugged in (green light on control pod continually flashes).

I'm asking because my control pod has been acting strange for as long as I can remember. Sound comes from one speaker even when the volume is turned all the way down, and I pretty much have to leave the speakers on at full volume to get even sound from both satellites, controlling the volume via the source. Do I need a new pod? Will a new pod get messed up from the 220V AC?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reading the first part of your statement, it did not sound too bad.

Possible repair worthy.

Reading further into your subject, this critter is toast, i would unplug it and throw it out the window today.

It's a fire hazard, plugged in, this thing could kill you when your sleeping.

Buy a new system, your worth it.

How the heck do you get a rectangular plug in a round socket. Perhaps a country that I have yet to visit; very few.

There are multi-input outlet designs readily available, that's not a problem at all!

Reading the first part of your statement, it did not sound too bad.

Possible repair worthy.

Reading further into your subject, this critter is toast, i would unplug it and throw it out the window today.

It's a fire hazard, plugged in, this thing could kill you when your sleeping.

Buy a new system, your worth it.

Whoa is it really that serious of an issue? What makes you say that?