WTF Kirsch speakers?

Edroom

They do look pretty. 

The seller is either someone posting these online trying to save gas on his white van OR some poor soul who took the bait and bought these in a parking lot. Seeing how they appear to still have plastic wrap on the cabinet leads me to believe it might be the "salesman". 

39 minutes ago, RX8 said:

They do look pretty. 

The seller is either someone posting these online trying to save gas on his white van OR some poor soul who took the bait and bought these in a parking lot. Seeing how they appear to still have plastic wrap on the cabinet leads me to believe it might be the "salesman". 

My guess is he got scammed and is trying to offload them. Most of salesmen sucker people for $300 to $500 for these. It blows my mind how people will spend that much on a product some sketchy guy is hawking from a van in a parking lot.

The scam works on the premise that the scammers make the victim feel that he/she is getting something for less than full value, i.e., that the scammers are enabling him/her to cheat a third party.  "The manufacturer sent these by mistake."  "The shipping department loaded these by mistake."  In other words,  you gain at someone else's loss.  The same greed applies to victims of Ponzi schemes.  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  The element of larceny-- or sheer stupidity -- required to fall for such scams makes it difficult to feel too sorry for the "victims."

12 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The scam works on the premise that the scammers make the victim feel that he/she is getting something for less than full value, i.e., that the scammers are enabling him/her to cheat q third party.  "The manufacturer sent these by mistake."  "The shipping department loaded these by mistake."  In other words,  you gain at someone else's loss.  The same greed applies to victims of Ponzi schemes.  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  The element of larceny-- or sheer stupidity -- required to fall for such scams makes it difficult to feel too sorry for the "victims."

And, there are enough people taking the bait to keep that white van running.  

While slightly different, I am amazed at the number of people still falling for the car sale scams. The scam where one is selling a $15,000 car for $2,500 shipped directly to you.  The whole transaction takes place via email, you pay and the vehicle is never shipped. I find it difficult to feel sorry for buyers in these cases as well. 

Ive been following LetGo lately and that site is FULL of scam car ads. They are identified eventually but never quick enough. They are obviously getting enough "sales" to keep posting ads. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Buying from a slick guy in the parking lot while being rushed to take advantage of the deal is one thing. Bidding $200 for these speakers and not even doing a google search to find out what you are buying is another.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Kirsch is a Berlin, Germany company with quite a line of items...I have seen nothing to allure to them being a knock-off of the Klipsch brand in any form or fashion.

Is Kirsch Audio in Germany the same company?  Website is in German.   I find nothing about a dealer network in the US for Kirsch speakers. I did find Kirsch curtain rods though.

Possible the name is being used to confuse folks.