What do I have

Tracey D

Just picked up a pair of Heresy HBR dated 1984 via the serial munber tag. We opened up the back for more confirmation of the date and and to check if they are series one or two and found this  E2 crossover set up

and yes they will be for sale in central florda 

IMG_3363.JPG

Series 1 or 2.... I've even seen people mention 1.5

I'd like to know how to describe them properly when I sell them, I got talked into buying them at a garage sale yesterday

edit

just found out they are series 1 but can be considered a 1.5 with the E2 crossover and 1985 midrange horn....now I wonder if this is more desirable?

thank you

Edited by Tracey D
New info

Tracey D,

Welcome to the forum.

Bring them by and we will demo them till we can't stand it anymore.;):D

I think my HBR have E2's but truthfully I forgot.  I had the crossovers recapped a few years ago and tweeters replaced with CT-125's.

Bill

12 hours ago, Tracey D said:

Series 1 or 2.... I've even seen people mention 1.5

I'd like to know how to describe them properly when I sell them, I got talked into buying them at a garage sale yesterday

edit

just found out they are series 1 but can be considered a 1.5 with the E2 crossover and 1985 midrange horn....now I wonder if this is more desirable?

thank you

if they are from 1984 you have heresy 1     and no klipsch never made a series called 1.5

What's referred to as the 1.5, and was never actually marketed as such, was a Heresy made for a while in the overlapping years of the 1 and 2 series. If memory is correct, you would have the Heresy 2 squaker (K53) the original tweeter (k77m), and the woofer (k23). Your squaker horn body is probably plastic. That's the 1.5 set up and then add an E2 crossover network with the extra 33 microfarad capacitor. I think we have the same speakers but a year off. 

Edit/Addition: I don't think this "1.5" designation the general public has come up with makes it any more rare or valued so I don't think you'll get any buyers on that alone 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 8:23 PM, Tracey D said:

Please understand, the Series 1 are very desirable on the used market because they sound good.  There is no added value for the "1.5" version.  There is value added once you get to the Heresy II, but it has to say Heresy II,

At one point some forum members had components in their H1's that did not seem to fit the usual H1 configuration.  Once we understood there was a transition period the "1.5" designation was an informal short hand used by us but never used by Klipsch.  The different parts were not upgrades per se and did not necessarily make the speakers sound better.  It was more a case of the factory using up inventory on hand.

Therefore, every speaker that is NOT a Heresy II is sold and valued as a Heresy.  There is no value added for the transition speakers and they are not more sought after by collectors. 

As I said they are desirable by people who like their sound and my research shows the average resale value is $338, +/- $50, usually a little more depending on a variety of conditions like age, condition, upgrades, area, etc.  H1's in 7/10 condition have sold in the past for $225. $250.

I have some from the same year, the horn lens is composite I can tell from the photo which means the K-52K's mid driver's and K-77M tweeters.  Mine have the same E-2 networks and the woofers are probably the K-22-K's.  The Heresy 1.5 moniker is a forum creation I believe Michael Colter came up with but it fits as these were transitionary models before the Heresy II came to be.

37 minutes ago, Budman said:

judge for yourself. ebays completed item page for Heresys. bold green usually means they sold

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Consumer-Electronics/293/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=klipsch+heresy&_sop=3

Always a good recommendation for research, good suggestion.

FYI I do something similar to what you suggested.  You checked the "Completed" filter check box, I like to use the "Sold" listings.  The Sold listings helps you filter past items which have completed but may not have sold.

It would be interesting if someone actually tracked Ebay sold listings.  I don't use that info unless someone here has pointed me to a sale.  Then I make a note.

I hope the OP bought them for $5 at her local garage sale and can sell them for $1000.  I would be just as happy if she bought them for $5 and sold them to a fellow Forum member for $10.

It's the American way.  B)