Aesthetic issue on RP-150M

Gogyimogyi

I recently noticed an issue on one of my RP-150M, see images 1, 2 and 3. The other one is perfect (ref image) which is weird, considering they came in one box.

I think the issue is obvious from the 3 images, if not see how the brown material that covers everything wrinkles around the corners of the black opening.

I wonder if that issue is covered by the warranty, because to be honest, those bumps are quite ugly.

I probably should not say I can't believe QA missed that, because I have only noticed the issue now and I have been using them for a while.

Anyway, what do you suggest? Should I try to contact the dealer about that?

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

ref.jpg

Thank you.

I contacted the local dealer, they said it is going to be difficult to prove that was indeed happened in the factory, not after I bought them, since I bought them months ago. They are going to forward my issue to the distributor anyway and see what they will say. The dealer said if someone took the panel off and put it back and screws too hard that could cause such an issue. I believe without heating the vinyl they would not have such wrinkles. I'm not sure if the bolts have protection on them to prevent tampering, but of course I did not take them apart and all the bolts are intact.

20 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

That's a crock.  There are no tool marks on the allen heads.  Contact Klipsch directly.  If you're the original owner and bought from an authorized dealer it should get handled.

Yeah... I'm the original (otherwise happy) owner.

7 hours ago, K5SS said:

Yep. Totally unacceptable.

Contact Klipsch directly and send them the photos. It also wouldn't hurt to mention you are a member of this forum..

I did contact Klipsch directly first and sent them the same photos too. They said I should contact my dealer and they will be able to handle the case. I'm still waiting the distributor's reply.

To be honest, it is sad (disappointing?) that we could see such a manufacturing defect on a brand's product like Klipsch. I'm not sure who to blame: the people who actually build these speakers in China or the people who allow a product with such a defect to leave the factory.

I did not have the slightest idea that could happen.

Anyway, I hope they are going to replace it eventually. Btw, since they were in one box as a pair, do you think are they going to replace both or just the defective one?

Thank you for replies!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, Gogyimogyi said:

I did contact Klipsch directly first and sent them the same photos too. They said I should contact my dealer and they will be able to handle the case. I'm still waiting the distributor's reply.

Call Klipsch back and tell them the dealer is dragging their feet on this.  I'd be burning their phone up.

So, I contacted Klipsch again and told them that I'm still waiting the reply of the dealer. They gave me the distributor's contact and said I should contact them if the dealer is unable to handle situation. I asked the dealer yesterday about any update, they said the distributor has not replied to them yet, but I should take the speaker to their service and they might be able to help me there. That was not the reply I was waiting, so I contacted the distributor like 20 minutes ago, explaining the case. Interestingly, I got another email from the dealer few minutes later and they said the distributor is going to replace it as soon as they got new shipment. They do not have any of that type currently. I guess the distributor contacted the guy (I gave his address to the distributor, just to make sure that). It seems I need to wait few weeks, again.

• 1 month later...