Heresy decorator cabinets

Trippigs

Components whether new or used should be readily available.  Some nice cabs for $35 is a good place to start, especially if you wanted to put in upgraded parts and keep them.

If you simply bought a plug n' play Heresy they run around $400.

• Like 2

Not to knock Dave's recommendation, but I would be wary of those networks, something doesn't seem wright with them. Even the woofers, they seem a bit different.  Not saying their not Klipsch, they don't look like my components out of my 78's. If it were me, I would keep an eye our for some square magnet k77s. 

Yes the prices do add up, hopefully not to discourage you.  Good luck on your search.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not to knock Dave's recommendation, but I would be wary of those networks, something doesn't seem right with them.

Thanks Dude, good call.

I just found those browsing Ebay, just for fun.  I do NOT recommend or endorse any of the stuff in those links.  I was checking prices and availability to see what it would take to outfit that H1 cab. 

To be honest it was more than I thought, well over $100 could be added to the prices just on shipping.

• Like 1

The cabinets are tempting since I live in Tulsa, but as wvu80 has pointed out - the costs do add up. If I am going to do something like this, plug and play Heresy for $400 is a better idea....or wait and see if a guy in Broken Arrow will come down anymore on his Heresy 3's ...currently at $1050.  He was at $1200.... 

• Like 1

The decorators didn't come with grills.

I have some H1s that I have been thinking of parting out because of rough cabs, missing badge and the woofers don't match. However they do have the solder lug k55vs. and alnico tweeters.

PM me if interested.  

I wanted to get these cabinets... I didn't see others here were interested.  Anyway, my text was never answered yesterday and the voicemail box was full.  Some decorator cabinets would have been a fun veneer project!  I've got half of the parts I'd need already.  Not that I need another project! 

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 

Bill in KC here. I'm late to the party. I actually snagged these a couple months back. Was perusing decorator pics for reference today and saw this post. Spooky. 

Had a buddy in Springfield pick them up and store in his garage. I just made it down this weekend to get them. (And work in a little Trout fishing at "raging" Taneycomo) Dan had the decorators and another set of painted (ugh) standard Heresy cabs. I took both. I am going to start on the decorators this week. They are structurally great but, as you might imagine, need some sandy love. They still have the inspection/serial number labels intact. Should be fun. Off I go! 

• Like 1