A question of "Efficiency"?

jorjen

If one had to guess(unless of course someone actually knows)regarding the difference in "efficiency" between the K55/K-400 and the K55/adaptor/Fastlane Eliptrac 400, what would that guess be? Higher, lower and by how much or the same?

Could not find this discussed anywhere and don't know if it has been measured.

so far as I know it does not matter what cabinet you place a dynamic driver into or what horn you bolt on to a compression driver the output of the driver does not change. You may have a shift in bandwidth but that's it. There is a difference between sensitivity and efficiency but I am not the person to ask about that. Dennis (DJK) would be the man to ask about that.

2 hours ago, moray james said:

so far as I know it does not matter what cabinet you place a dynamic driver into or what horn you bolt on to a compression driver the output of the driver does not change. You may have a shift in bandwidth but that's it. There is a difference between sensitivity and efficiency but I am not the person to ask about that. Dennis (DJK) would be the man to ask about that.

Makes sense. Never gave it much thought. I could see sensitivity remaining the same but efficiency of the combo changing based on the horn.

Maybe this should actually be "A question of efficiency?".

In my system all original Klipsch drivers have been replaced and now use different drivers 

The horn used is the Eliptrac 400 and I find that what changes is the dispersion, the projection, the sound stage presence 

Horn shape is the key for all objectives to obtain listening pleasure 

Not all horns suit all rooms but the Eliptrac 400 goes close 

Using an averaging calculator of the driver specs my system is 104db