Fairchild Preamp and amp

mikemax56

Hi Jim,

I have has a set of Fairchild 255 preamps and a 255A amp for d some time now. I have not used them in some time now but the worked fine when I last time used them.

I am looking to sell them can you give me some advice on where and ball park on how much they are worth?

Thanks Mike

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

Wow I really mad a mess of this post. Let me try again. Ok its 255 pre-amp set with master controller and AC supply and I believe a 255A AMP??? I received them a  from a friend who was an Engineer that worked for Fairchild. I am looking for information regarding putting them up for sale. 

• 2 weeks later...

I won't pretend to know what they are worth.  eBay and other audio sites should be reviewed, although I imagine another Forum member with a clue might just chime in.  Sherman Fairchild was a good friend and early supporter of PWK.  If our new museum had any money (not yet!), they would be considered as a possible addition.

I believe they are the Model 245 preamp and 255 35-watt (or so) mono amplifiers. Maybe the Model 248 stereo pre -- it was made up of a pair of 245 mono pre's and a central control unit and volume control.  Wow, that's ancient stuff!  I had a mono 255, and it sounded great on a Shorthorn!.

• 1 year later...