The Mighty Klipschorns

standingwave

And serial numbers, please.  Either take a pic of the label, or just type them into the post, whichever is easiest for you.  That will help nail down model, finish and date of birth.  B)

+++

Those are super nice looking and the price looks good.  You should be able to move those within a reasonable period of time.

• Like 1

i remember when these were on ebay ( i think there or CL ) awhile back and thought about getting them but a little to far.

i believe the C in the serial number stands for 1965 but others think they are 1964

very nice at a very nice price.

1 hour ago, Budman said:

i remember when these were on ebay ( i think there or CL ) awhile back and thought about getting them but a little to far.

i believe the C in the serial number stands for 1965 but others think they are 1964

very nice at a very nice price.

According to the info I have A=1962, B=63, C=64, D=65.  It should have a Type A crossover, but in the first post Jason says they are Type AA.  If they are Type AA that would be an upgrade, an update at the very least. 

Jason, you might want to confirm what you have because they Type AA are very desirable (has tweeter protection) and may add to the value of your Khorns.  If you can take a picture of the XO's we can identify if they are AA and if they have been updated with modern components.

+++

Edit:  Oops, I just saw Otis' post direct above mine ^^^, we kind of passed each other.  With a sale pending I don't want to add or detract from the deal you guys might have.

Good luck to both of you. 

41 minutes ago, OtisCampbell said:

I'll take them pending questions in PM.

Weren't you off with a U-Haul and cash to collect a pair of Khorns?  Are these another pair?  Barney is going to need to move that key out of your reach to protect you from yourself.  Four Klipschorns in Mayberry would cause a ruckus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

According to the info I have A=1962, B=63, C=64, D=65.  It should have a Type A crossover, but in the first post Jason says they are Type AA.  If they are Type AA that would be an upgrade, an update at the very least. 

Jason, you might want to confirm what you have because they Type AA are very desirable (has tweeter protection) and may add to the value of your Khorns.  If you can take a picture of the XO's we can identify if they are AA and if they have been updated with modern components.

+++

Edit:  Oops, I just saw Otis' post direct above mine ^^^, we kind of passed each other.  With a sale pending I don't want to add or detract from the deal you guys might have.

Good luck to both of you. 

the problem with your chart is the letter i which would stand for 1970 in your chart but there is no i along with - o - q - v - z

42 minutes ago, Budman said:

the problem with your chart is the letter i which would stand for 1970 in your chart but there is no i along with - o - q - v - z

I've seen a couple of those kind of charts, and I don't know what is "official."  I think I took mine from the Tech Section and then copied and pasted into a Word document so I could search it.  I think it is probably very close, but authoritative?  I don't know.  As in all such things, Klipsch, Inc should have the last word.

I also seem to remember some discussion where the "missing letters" were addressed.  I think O was left out because someone could change easily it into a Q, a V into a W. the letter i into a T.