Tilted Risers with no Screws on Heresys

BluBitRates

• Moderators
4 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

Do not want to screw into the bottom of my 85's but i wanted to use a tilted riser ala crites.  Can i just get bumpers and set them ontop?

I don't see why not, as long as it's a solid foundation, no movement.

Looking good, and ready to go with new caps.

4 hours ago, BluBitRates said:

Got some new gear.  Do not want to screw into the bottom of my 85's but i wanted to use a tilted riser ala crites.  Can i just get bumpers and set them ontop?  Credit to the awesome member jimjimbo for installing new caps for me!

IMG_0162.JPG

I use that non-slip tool mat material... cut just a bit bigger than the riser.

• Like 1

Gorgeous!! I should receive my Crites risers tomorrow for a pair of KP-201 II (profession version of Heresy).  

My speakers are raw birch painted white.  I'd like to add veneer (never have done that before so I'm searching the forums for advice).  Can I ask where you purchased your material from?  I love the look!

Thanks!

kelly

• Like 1

He has been mentioned here before and even posted on the forum years ago.

Here is where I got the veneer and some supplies: http://www.joewoodworker.com/

I emailed Joe and he was quick to reply and very helpful with my project.  Heresy's are a good starter project I think!

GroomlakeArea51 had some awesome "how to" threads that walked us through his restorations.  I don't know what happened but a bunch of his pictures were removed/lost which is very sad to me... he provided a lot of good help which meant a lot to me and I'm sure many others.  

Good luck with your project.  Post pictures and your progress... people are glad to help.

• Like 1

Not wanting to drill holes in the bottom of my Heresy II's, I used two sided velcros tabs to hold the speaker to the slant riser. There is a slight gap, but it does not detract. If anything I figured I would damage the cabinet, so I decided not to take the chance.

You can also cut a piece of Birch Plywood to the dimensions of the bottom of your Heresy cabinet, but add 1.5 inches to those dimensions.  Put some 3/4 inch trim of some kind around the top perimeter of the panel to keep the speakers from sliding off of it...stain/finish the panel...attach the riser TO the bottom of panel, then set the speaker on the panel...the trim will hold the speaker in place...UNLESS you opt for too severe of a slant on the slant risers.  There are various ways to do this ending in the same result.

4 hours ago, muel said:

He has been mentioned here before and even posted on the forum years ago.

Here is where I got the veneer and some supplies: http://www.joewoodworker.com/

I emailed Joe and he was quick to reply and very helpful with my project.  Heresy's are a good starter project I think!

GroomlakeArea51 had some awesome "how to" threads that walked us through his restorations.  I don't know what happened but a bunch of his pictures were removed/lost which is very sad to me... he provided a lot of good help which meant a lot to me and I'm sure many others.  

Good luck with your project.  Post pictures and your progress... people are glad to help.

Thank you!  Will do!

Saw this thread the other day and finally got around to taking some pictures.  I needed some risers for my Heresy(s), and being a tightwad, just used some plywood I had.  Nothing out of the ordinary, threw some black paint on them, stick on gasket seal on the main and rear piece where the speakers touch.  Am sure you could dress these up if you wanted to.  Could work for you for the time being.

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

• Like 1

So, I was looking for a riser solution for my mains.  I'm in the Northwest, so I thought how about a nice chunk of tree to sit beneath them?  I came across these wood/resin 'end tables' that are a little too big for my mains but thought I could custom order some.  That's until I found that these little chunks of wood/resin cost between $1,800 to $9,000 a piece!!  I'm still leaning towards a solid piece of tree but I've got to find a cheaper solution.  They look awesome though.

77c89b7022d052f36de92c9f7d154309.jpg

cb7d57e8c060ad05e1b02f81ca43437b.jpg

contemporary-side-tables-and-end-tables.jpg