Matched pairs- k-33 woofers- Free shipping

Pats3of4

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I say go for it.  If you don't like the setup you can sell the K-77s for what you have in them.

I think you'll like time alignment.  It takes out a LOT of the echo, maybe "shouty" sound.

My question is:

Is there any concerns on version numbers? Not which one is better but gross incompatibility.

D = K-77-D; From 2006 to the present. Essentially a K-77-F (see below) with an integral recessed mounting flange. Permits flush mounting of the tweeter from the rear, per the “Z” brackets for pre Feb 1983 Klipschorns (KH Update kit: part # 1006969)

K-77-F = Philippines supplier that purchased the EV tooling (e.g. K-77-F)

8. Electro Voice also produced the "round magnet" T-35 tweeter, but later versions were simply labeled K-77. The first shipment of Electrovoice T-35 tweeters designated as the K-77 were received on 26 August 1959. The K-77 is first used in a Klipschorn with the serial number 1445 on 15 October, 1959.

That is archival info I had on the K-77.  I can provide the link if you want to read more, but it's the same info that is in the Pinned thread in Tech Mods Forum  regarding Serial Numbers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Thanks, I am taking them to see whud's up. Now to play with McIntosh MEN220 room correction arriving next week and have a buddy make some nice mounts for these.

If you look carefully at the pics I posted directly upstream you'll notice they are sitting on some extra keyboard wrist wrests I had laying around.  Because someone cautioned the forum about putting rubber directly on a Klipsch finish I swapped out to some dual layer furniture sliders from Lowes. They have a medium and dense texture to them.  I found them very handy for pointing the tweets in different directions.

Remember that I went my own way with the SEOS 12 waveguide and a more robust CD, my combo produces a lot more acoustic energy.  I really like pointing the SEOS at a 45 degree angle back towards the middle and I liked the sound when pointing them backwards directly into the corner for a wider sound stage. 

Running them like the pic directly into the middle gives me a nice punch for music.  I like them run indirectly for movies and general TV watching, very smooth.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:44 AM, wvu80 said:

I don't know how to break out the prices, but $325 for a pair of 15" woofers and a set of K-77's seems pretty dang good!

+++

You might want to consider putting an extra piece of thick cardboard over top those woofer cones.  When I need packing materials I've found that Sams Club always has a large supply of thick cardboard free for the taking.

So what kind of nerd am I to know who has the best quality free cardboard?  :wacko:

Doc,

I just run bolts and screw them together, or put them in 2 separate boxes with the woofers facing each other

Mark

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...