Douk/nobsound 13w/18w 2 channel chineese amp

mopardave

Hi, anyone have any experience with these Douk chineese amps?   sexy little thing.   The reviews iv read are really good.   My Audcom chineese tube amp that was modded by Craig/nosvalves has been a great amp and quite a thumper at 30w/70w total with my cornwalls.   just thought I would ask here about the Douk amps for good or bad reviews.  thanks

s-l1600 Douk.jpg

I seen those when I was looking for a new tube amp last year.  I don't have any experience with them.  Since I had a Yaquin tube hybird, I went for the MC 13S tube integrated amp.  The two Chinese amps have both been very good and no complaints with SQ or build quality.  For the price, the little amp may be worth giving it a try.

It just depends on how well the amp can handle the impedance dips and the big woofer.  I know my Yaquin VK 2100 did not on Corwalls at spirited levels and it was an 80 watt hybird tube amp.  Now, the Yaquin MC 13S can even though it is 45 watts.  It is very much dependent on the amp design and circuits.

• Like 1

I looked at them some...there's a lot of good looking Chinese amps out there. But, at the end of it all, I went with my gut and bought the VTA ST-70 amp from Bob Latino and am thoroughly happy. Plus, he answers emails super fast, speaks English  (lol), and also phone calls.  By the time you spend $600 shipped, you're not far off from something else that tons of people out there own and can help you with versus having to reverse engineer the amp to troubleshoot. Just my $.02. 

• Like 2

A lot of the Chinese amps are not that hard to work on.  They are based on classic designs of many popular amps used in the US.  Shipping can be expensive but, there are deals out there.  SQ and build quality on the two that I have owned is outstanding to say the least. 

http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/review-yaqin-mc13s-stereo-integrated-amplifier/

The st70 looks simular to my chinese amp im using now. They have plenty of power. I can get 126db peaks in my living room with bass heavy music with this Audcom.  Im just looking for an easy listening amp like this Douk 13/18w kt88.  Like to listen at 80/100db at 12' back.

20170322_212431.jpg

20170322_212454.jpg

Dave, I can tell you the vast majority of times I am listening to music with the tube amp, the meter is in the 1 or 2 watts area.  My VK 2100 hybird was an 8 ohm amp for the most part.  My MC 13S has speaker post for 4 and 8 ohm.  The power structure of the MC 13 can handle the imepedace swings betters.

• 3 weeks later...