KSB 3.1s $140 Shipped

Rivernuggets

This looks like a pretty good deal. I have always liked the KSB series of speakers. They are not the prettiest line Klipsch has made but they sound great. They make good surround speakers for the later KG line too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teaman said:

I have nowhere to go with them and I was still tempted to grab them.

Same here!  Trying to think of any family members that could use these.  Most are all Klipsch suited by now.

6 hours ago, teaman said:

I prefer these to most of the reference bookshelf speakers

Hey good idea, I will A/B shortly.  Bring my son's KSB 3.1s downstairs to wrestle with RB-5s and RB-75s.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

+1!

The .5 KG's?

That is correct, the timbre match is decent enough for surround use and the Tractrix horn on the KSB series keeps up really well with the high energy KG 5.5, 3.5 etc speakers. Before I bought my La Scalas I had some black KSB 1.1s as surrounds for the KG 5.5s and was really impressed by the setup. I now have a set of KSB 1.1 speakers in white that I really like in my bedroom. The KSB 3.1s are pretty massive for a bookshelf and most likely put out floor standing levels of output.

These are kind of interesting to me.  I had plans to move the KM4's from my office to the sunroom this summer, and find some decent bookshelves to replace them.  I had hoped to pick up a set of RB75's or RB81's, but if these are as good as people say they are, then for $140 it seems like a no-brainer.  Are there any specs available out there?  A google search isn't bringing up much.

12 hours ago, Shaun K said:

These are kind of interesting to me.

I see they're sold.  You buy 'em?

12 hours ago, Shaun K said:

for $140 it seems like a no-brainer

It's definitely worth a listen.  If you're so-so about the sound you can sell, get your money back and save for those RB81s or 75s.

On 3/25/2017 at 10:16 AM, Rivernuggets said:

I see they're sold.  You buy 'em?

It's definitely worth a listen.  If you're so-so about the sound you can sell, get your money back and save for those RB81s or 75s.

Unfortunately no...I was on the road from Minneapolis to Winnipeg all day yesterday so I missed out :( 

• Like 1