Douk/nobsound 13w/18w 2 channel chineese amp

mopardave

Look at the innards.

Hot Glue is used.

Not too fond of the way everything is configured around those goofy looking terminal strips.

I have no idea what brand/brands of electrolytic capacitors are used in there. Mallory? Nichicon?

What brand of box and film cap is used? Offshoot brands?

Of course for 339 bucks, one gets a nice chassis, Japanese Z11 output xformers, (?) a choke and power supply transformer.

Then stick different guts in it...

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, Marvel said:

The ad says it uses two 12ax7 (for the input) tubes, but those are octal tubes/sockets in the pics. Doesn't that make you a bit leery?

Bruce

maybe the pic is of the proto type and not the amp youll be getting.   iv seen that before.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same amp. Got it from the bay.. 12 or 13 watts per channel.. I have used with my my cornscalas and was very impressed. Im currently using with my RF-3's and it does sound very nice. A good bang for the buck tube amp.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Bossman said:

I have the exact same amp. Got it from the bay.. 12 or 13 watts per channel.. I have used with my my cornscalas and was very impressed. Im currently using with my RF-3's and it does sound very nice. A good bang for the buck tube amp.

i'm glad to see someone has tried it and had good results.  I think a lot of those Chinese amps are a good value.  The price of that has gone up again. I think i'll wait til fall/winter now as I don't spend much time listening in summer weather.

44 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

There is a good chance that if these amps get popular, the price won't come down.

forum member BernardLVH is in China..

maybe someone could pm him for local pricing in Shenzhen, China..

what are or could be good buys on quality Chinese tube gear..

• 7 months later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Douk-Audio-KT88-Vacuum-Tube-Amplifier-High-End-Single-Ended-HiFi-Power-Amp-18W-2/251473410112?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's another little amp i'v been watching.    Simular to the other Douk.     Can't really pull the trigger just look, so in the tire kicking stages yet.

• 1 month later...

The amps are basically the same ones. Douk and the other companies are also basically the same ones. The amp is not a bad amp, and can be upgraded with capos and resistors. I've had 2 of them redone, one was redone in triode mode and drops the wattage to 4 wpc. They are clear, and with different tubes do give a slightly different sound to them.

I know it's been awhile that someone replied to the post, just figured I'd give my opinion on them.

• Like 1