Which is a better buy for a 2 channel system? Heresy, Quartet or KG 4?

Derrick

I have been waiting for a pair of Chorus 2's to posted for sale in my area (within a reasonable drive) but there hasn't been any. My room is about 12 by 20 or so. I think the Quartets would be plenty for a room that size. Might get them if their condition is good. 

^^^^^

- And now that I'm on my Klipsch family sound tour I will most likely call on the RB's in the next couple days. I'm listening to the Q's right now and am still struck by the similarities in overall tone with Jubes. After a month long fever of Jubeitis I figured the Q's would hold me for a couple minutes at most but they are still playin' and I'm still enjoyin'. It's kinda funny with the Jubes lurking behind the Q's and seeing that the entire Quartet will nearly fit in the 402. Crazy stuff - 

Not to mention anyone by name but some Bonehead at Klipsch must know what he is doing -- 

Derrick - my room is 24' across and 30' deep, I'm sitting about 12 feet back, centered. Now granted the volume is up several notches more than with the Jubes but they will fill a fairly large area. Maybe tomorrow I'll unleash the Pass monoblocks on both the Q's and 75's to see where that goes. They are a little less than 10 watts single ended Class A vs. 50 watt chip amp. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

The Bob Crites crossovers alone, where $260; the Ti tweets $50 when I bought them a couple years ago. I paid $240 (fantastic price) for a pr of mint quartets. I'm running strictly tubes with my set-up. The upgrades make a BIG difference. BTW...I would never sell these babies for less than $500, and I would be losing money.

My House May 2016 005.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 0:00 PM, richieb said:

^^^^^

Well curiosity got the best me and the Quartets are a playin'. Same 50 watt Peter Daniel gainclone chip amp I was using over the weekend with Jubes. When people speak of "signature or family sound" from a speaker brand it is certainly evident here. No need to describe the obvious physical difference of the Jube / Q or a two vs. three way but the overall sound is remarkably similar. I'm actually shocked how good the Q's sound since I have been listening to KHorns for a couple years and now Jubes.

These are stock Quartets, OE crossovers. This is actually kind of crazy --- but no, the Jubes are not for sale! And probably not the Quartets now!

Good call, as I have moved forward in speaker upgrades have always regretted selling any of my Klipsch. Think you are spot on with the signature sound observation. Always felt that all Klipsch speakers sounded the same ( heritage) to me. They just did different things better, but those Jubes have always been pure magic to me. "Sigh" one day I will have a pair!