The beast is awakening.....

Coytee

Still have kinks...but...  they seem to be bumps in the road and not full out road blocks.

Had the Danley hooked into the system when it was 2-channel.  Every now & then it played something.

Wife actually said something one day to the effect of "You need to get rid of that...why did you even get that....you never use it...."

Fast forward...replace preamp with AVR, plug XLR into sub-out into Crown K2 into Danley...

Last night, I put on the Blue Man Group DVD.

It played along and the bass output was a whole notch higher...and then we hit some song (forget which) but it had some nasty (I mean nasty in a good way) bass content and she really freaked out...

The picture on the wall was swaying (according to her), the (what I believe to be antique) porcelain dogs were "about to fall off", (then she grabs me by the shirt and pulls me outside and says "LISTEN!!" (while pointing through a window....but actually, she was pointing AT the window)  "That window was vibrating like "this" (do the two handed pump up in the air....not that I know how a window can do that, but it's what she said and demonstrated)  "and it was getting ready to shatter!"

Each one of these is of course bringing out a slightly larger & larger smile in me....as this was my intent...  not to break the glass mind you....but to feel it.

So NOW, instead of saying "you should get rid of it because I never use it...."  NOW, I have to get rid of it because it's going to cause the house to cave in...

I can't win.

I must however say....  this is the first time I've been able to flex it a bit and "OMG" it's unreal.  I guess it will never happen but it would have been downright pulverizing to have the second one fired up.

Though I "get it" with regard to their size....  I'm surprised and near shocked the one for sale in the Garage Section is still there.  These really are beasts!!

I have to go now....  I have to hunt more of her things that I can setup in the room to smash with sonic assaults.....

:emotion-14:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Shall I make you a shirt ?

Pissin off the wife since..? ?:D...................... good for you, tell her I know what I'm doing, been studying for years, I'm a professional. Anything to :pwk_bs: her.

It reminds me of a crazy guy up at Rodney's, his name is Mark, one of the crazy things he says is "I'm a grown @*** man,doing grown @ss things" :o 

• Like 3

Frankly... I dont like what LFE does to my Home. The walls are cracked more than would normally be, and I wonder what the long term effects are going to be.

Thankfully I don't run things wide open... more measured than maxed out.

Sorry Richard! (insert "Charlie" here),

I must make it an unwritten rule never to visit you as I would deem it absolutely a must to revoke your man card and set her straight about the Universe and her place in it. Dude, you have a nice place, but that room looks absolutely girlie with the crap she has decorated it with. Richard, women decorate the Kitchen, the bedroom, and the bathrooms and we give them a free rain at what ever they want to do in those rooms. A MAN should not have to ask permission to do what ever the hell he wants in at least ONE fricken room in the house. Time to man up here and pull the reins a little bit!

This was not ment as an attack or to piss you off at all as I like you and I think that you know this, but come on dude, really??

Roger

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richieb said:

Shall I presume you are - er - single?

Nope,

I have been married for 28 years and I WEAR THE PANTS in my family! You can ask anyone on the forum that has met me in person....

I am just not your typical Mangina like most men who cower to their woman!

Roger

• Like 2

Nope,

I have been married for 28 years and I WEAR THE PANTS in my family! You can ask anyone on the forum that has met me in person....

I am just not your typical Mangina like most men who cower to their woman!

Roger

You've got to be kidding

23 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Sorry Richard! (insert "Charlie" here),

I must make it an unwritten rule never to visit you as I would deem it absolutely a must to revoke your man card and set her straight about the Universe and her place in it. Dude, you have a nice place, but that room looks absolutely girlie with the crap she has decorated it with. Richard, women decorate the Kitchen, the bedroom, and the bathrooms and we give them a free rain at what ever they want to do in those rooms. A MAN should not have to ask permission to do what ever the hell he wants in at least ONE fricken room in the house. Time to man up here and pull the reins a little bit!

This was not ment as an attack or to piss you off at all as I like you and I think that you know this, but come on dude, really??

I am the same way.  My wife did not like where I had things placed in the man cave furniture wise but, I told her, you kicked me out of the family room and said do whatever I want in the basement.  Like it or not, the basement is just me for the decor and things.  She would not come down for a while when I refused to change around somethings.  But, she came around.

She has the run on most of the rest of the house and I get the outdoors for a constellation prize.  Stand you ground no matter how soft it is, lol.

• Like 2