Oak Forte - $350 - Markham, IL

opusk2k9

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, they are definitely II's. Luckily, I was able to buy them even though two days had gone by since the ad was placed. I thought for sure I was going to miss out on them since I didn't have the cash to buy them but I decided to put my Heresy's up for sale to come up with the money.

They sold quick which was good but I was on pins and needles the whole day, worried that someone else would get the Forte's.

I was really surprised the seller still had them since he was very negotiable on the price. I was a little disappointed due to the cabinets having some flaws but it's nothing that can't be repaired. The main thing is all the drivers are working and they sound great. 

A HUGE thanks to opusk2k9 for posting the ad for them!

20170411_191918_resized.jpg

20170415_171438_resized.jpg

20170411_192028_resized.jpg

20170416_175716_resized.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

They will provide you many years of terrific music. ENJOY!

16 hours ago, totalcomfort said:

Congrats very nice.

14 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Those look great and will sound just as good as they look. 

Thanks! Looking forward to getting them set up in the living room with my Accuphase P-300/C-200/T-100 trio.

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Agree, nice find at a good price.  You mentioned the Seller was open to negotiation. 

So, did you negotiate or did you pay his asking price?   B)

(I track Heritage Sold prices)

I got him down to $300 initially and then $250 when I went to look at them. Based on their condition I think I got a good deal.

Cosmetically, I would rate them somewhere between 7/10 to maybe 8/10. It's hard to see in the pictures but there are some pretty bad burn or stain marks on the top of one cabinet and a small area on the other cabinet where the top and side pieces got wet and separated. Fortunately, it's only a few inches long and towards the back of the cabinet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mea2112 said:

I got him down to $300 initially and then $250 when I went to look at them

Average selling price according to my numbers is $542 for Condition 8/10.  Slight condition issues or not, you got what all of us want, a deal

You done good.    :emotion-21:  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Average selling price according to my numbers is $542 for Condition 8/10.  Slight condition issues or not, you got what all of us want, a deal

You done good.    :emotion-21:  :D

Thanks. I appreciate the information!

I'll message you the buy/sell information on the Heresy's I sold to get the Forte II's. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, they are definitely II's. Luckily, I was able to buy them even though two days had gone by since the ad was placed. I thought for sure I was going to miss out on them since I didn't have the cash to buy them but I decided to put my Heresy's up for sale to come up with the money.

They sold quick which was good but I was on pins and needles the whole day, worried that someone else would get the Forte's.

I was really surprised the seller still had them since he was very negotiable on the price. I was a little disappointed due to the cabinets having some flaws but it's nothing that can't be repaired. The main thing is all the drivers are working and they sound great. 

A HUGE thanks to opusk2k9 for posting the ad for them!

20170411_191918_resized.thumb.jpg.ccdd6b5d00497d583b7fa0f540c7e64c.jpg
20170415_171438_resized.thumb.jpg.5924d500b2665be3a5cdcc1c9cd16815.jpg
20170411_192028_resized.thumb.jpg.a4b9f2ec5afe008e4bc8c76fc1fc5b2c.jpg
20170416_175716_resized.jpg.142737a4890d672a78e14fc9ce1d7115.jpg

Those are very nice,for 350...very sweet. ..great find..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Great deal, now enjoy!

I' recall unboxing my Forte II from the day I purchase new. Enjoy today as much, if not more than when first unboxed. Over the years Forte's only required an occasional fresh oil rub.

Be sure to plan some time to listen to your music, as you have never experience before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk