Boston drummer dies!!

Mighty Favog

RIP.

My jaw dropped hearing the first album when it came out , it was like nothing else.

I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like Boston made crappy stereo systems sound great and great ones sound just OK :unsure:

• Like 1

On 2017-03-24 at 6:51 AM, Gnote said:

RIP.

My jaw dropped hearing the first album when it came out , it was like nothing else.

I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like Boston made crappy stereo systems sound great and great ones sound just OK :unsure:

Now that you mention it. Sounds great in my Jeep, sounds great at the pub through Bose 201s but just ok at home. Perhaps it was mixed more for radio play or something back in the day. 

• Like 1

RIP

Saw them in concert pretty early on (after 1st album?) and it was pretty ho-hum.  Became evident they were rushed out while the iron was hot...

They might have sounded fine in a theater but they couldn't fill the sound of the larger venue.

After show was over, my buddy & I went back to my house and replayed the concert (over the LaScalas)

Sounded much better.

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

The first Boston album was done in some fellows basement with the voice singing done later.

JJK

It was Tom Sholz. He was for all intents and purposes Boston along with singer Brad Delp. He was also an engineer, he invented and released the Rockman back in the 80s. A buddy at the time had one and used it for guitar practicing.

I saw Boston in 1987 at the Cotton Bowl.  I thought they sounded really good, in fact I remember thinking how much they sounded like the albums. They were the last band in the Texxas Jam lineup that year that included Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, Tesla, plus some other bands.

• Like 1