Klipsch Pro for home theater?

Kain

My room is roughly 15 ft long x 12 ft wide x 9-9.5 ft high. I obviously cannot go for a mega large Klipsch cinema speakers due to my room size. However, looking at the Klipsch Pro "Permanent Installation" speakers, I am pretty sure I could make them work due to their size. How's the following setup (and I would appreciate any comments/opinions on changes and whatnot):

Mains: 2 x Klipsch KI-362-SMA-II
Center: 1 x Klipsch KI-362-SMA-II
Side surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Back surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Ceiling speakers: 4 x KI-172-SMA-II
Subwoofers: 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HPi+ + 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HP-Slave

How would this setup compare to a RF-7 III and RC-64 III based setup?

Also, the reason I went with the KI-362-SMA-II instead of the KI-396-SMA-II is because the horn is rotatable which I will most likely need as I will be placing the center speaker above or below the screen in a horizontal position.

I have also attached a pricelist for the Klipsch Pro lineup I found online. Not sure how accurate it is but it should give you an idea of prices.

Klipsch.xlsx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 6:21 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

If you can fit 362's, you can fit 396's.  And 396's run all over 7's.  Sorry but it's true.  They just aren't as pretty.  I've ran them side by side, not a fair fight.  

As for the center, there's always the KI-398-RGL.  

If I get the 396 for front left and right and the KI-398-RGL for center, do you recommend surrounds from the Cinema line or the Permanent Installation line?

Secondly, there will no timbre or other "matching issues" with using the 396 as front left/right and the 398 as center?

People always ask which is the better speaker, it depends on the application.  Your room is under 2000 cu. ft. and is considered a small HT.  The question is do you need theater speakers vs and RF 7 system or something else.  Only you know the room layout and if you can fit either setup without to much difficulty.  There is a price difference.  Speakers in the HT need some distance from each other and should not be overly packed into the space.

I'm and in a space twice the size of your room and the RF 7 system is more than adequate.  An RF 7 system can accommodate large rooms like the Cinema system you picked out.  I like surrounds not to be  to close to each other also  This will giver better effects.  The only speakers that need directional drivers is the ceiling speakers.  Is this a dedicated HT room or living style room also?  Maybe post some room pic's.

I run a 9.2.2  Atmos system.  I mention this because the sound can get extremely loud due to the number of speakers.  The system as a whole should be considered in your planning.  https://www.acousticfields.com/speaker-size-vs-room-size/

On 4/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, Kain said:

If I get the 396 for front left and right and the KI-398-RGL for center, do you recommend surrounds from the Cinema line or the Permanent Installation line?

Secondly, there will no timbre or other "matching issues" with using the 396 as front left/right and the 398 as center?

It should work ok in terms of timbre, it's the same compression driver and horn. Ideally it would be a third identical and vertically oriented 396 for the center behind the screen if possible to avoid lobing issues when off axis. Personally I am going to get the top end of a 904 and make a slim bass bin to save on the depth. 

On 4/29/2017 at 10:08 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

It should work ok in terms of timbre, it's the same compression driver and horn. Ideally it would be a third identical and vertically oriented 396 for the center behind the screen if possible to avoid lobing issues when off axis. Personally I am going to get the top end of a 904 and make a slim bass bin to save on the depth. 

I wonder how the 325s would compare. 

All this talk about the 396's has my attention. Their considered surround speakers in the pro line which makes me lol. One hell of a surround speaker ehh. I wish I could hear them and make me own judgement but knowing they have the 3" compression driver is the cats meow. The compression driver is truly the key on the high end and we all know the bigger they are the smoother they sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking the advice in this thread, how's the following setup?

Amplifiers: ATI AT543NC (3 x 500 watts) for LCR + AT528NC (8 x 200 watts) for sides, backs, and ceilings

Mains: 2 x Klipsch KI-396-SMA-II
Center: 1 x Klipsch KI-398-RGL
Side surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Back surrounds: 2 x Klipsch KI-102-SMA-II
Ceiling speakers: 4 x KI-172-SMA-II
Subwoofers: 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HPi+ + 2 x Seaton Sound SubMersive HP-Slave

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:47 AM, Kain said:

Amplifiers: ATI AT543NC (3 x 500 watts) for LCR + AT528NC (8 x 200 watts) for sides, backs, and ceilings

ATI amps are one of my favorites.  They're built like tanks and are super clean sounding.