Klipsch sw450 to onkyo tx-sr805

dirland

Hoping someone here can help me out....I have a sw450 and a onkyo tx-sr805 I am trying to figure out the wiring oniy it.. I have def tech mythos 2 for fronts and center and running a pair of klipsch for surround..

My question is about the LFE hook up and how to run it....the diagram hookup says to run front left and right speakers from sub to reciever and then run same ports to the speakers. The are 2 ports on the back of sub on is LFE and one is line out.. do you still just run the cord from sub to sub input of reciever or pre out of reciever.

Also I was just reading about bridging and wondering if that is good way to go with this set up.

Thanks for any help you can give

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, dirland said:

So what's the deal with diagram showing wires from the left and right port of sub to back or receiver then running to speaker off same port?

I'm sure they're showing a high level (speaker wire) connection.  Nothing wrong with doing it that way.  No RCA cable would be needed with that method.

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2017 at 8:14 AM, dirland said:

There is no port on the onkyo that says lfe.....just use pre out then? Or keep it on the subwoofer plug?

It's a little hard to figure out at first, but I have had the 805 for about 10 years now and very familiar with it.... you would connect it to the subwoofer in the pre out section. See the picture of the manual I included.

IMG_7777.JPG