Mounting CDT-5800-C II to concrete ceiling?

Kain

I was told that I could mount the CDT-5800-C II to/on a concrete ceiling using an enclosure (i.e. on the ceiling and not in the ceiling). Then I just found out that Klipsch actually makes enclosures for their in-ceiling speakers. Will I be able use a ME-800-C enclosure for this purpose? I could mount the speaker in the enclosure and then somehow attach the enclosure to the ceiling. Will this be possible? If so, any recommendations on how to mount the enclosure to the ceiling?

ME-800-C: http://www.klipsch.com/products/architectural-accessories#me-800-c

No, don't do this.  These enclosures are mostly only for fireproofing commercial installs where by code it's required in a false ceiling, as well as keeping the back wave from disturbing the upstairs in residential installs.  They aren't meant to be bolted to concrete with the front alone supporting the speakers.  Best case scenario it would be super ugly and ghetto even if you got it working.  Find you a cabinet builder or somebody that builds sub boxes for cars and just make a thin plywood enclosure that looks halfway nice if you want to do this.  Maybe loosely put some insulation in there to absorb the back wave.  

On 3/25/2017 at 4:44 PM, derrickdj1 said:

I remember you mentioning the concrete in another post a while back.  Will Atmos enable speakers work?  Klipsch has the boxes for the speakers in the link you provided.  That should work: you just need to mount them securely.

Referring to the RP-140SA? If so, which box are you talking about? I can't see anything in the link I posted for this.

Secondly, the RP-140SA has a power rating of 50 watts continuous and 200 watts peak. Will I end up blowing the speakers if I hook them up to a Parasound A 51?

Edit: In the Klipsch Dolby Atmos Speaker FAQ, it clearly states you should not ceiling mount the RP-140SA as "they are not rated for use in ceilings." Is this due to lack of mounting for ceiling use or some other reason?

http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-dolby-atmos-speakers-faq

One more question...

If I use the RP-140SA for its intended use (i.e. sitting on top of the front and rear speakers), are they actually effective in creating the Atmos height/ceiling effect? My room is concrete and roughly 15 ft long x 12 ft wide x 9-9.5 ft high. Just want to know how the Atmos "bounce sound off of ceiling" speakers actually convey the Atmos height/ceiling effect.

Yes, I was thinking place the Dolby enable speaker on top of the the front, side or rear surround.  Others on the forum that the enable speakers work well.  I have an RF 7II system and the surround and Atmos speaker have similar power handling that you mentioned.  They are strong enough speaker for that role.  What avr are you using?

The 140's work well but nobody is happy with two, you really need four... and realistically if at all possible you really need the RP-280FA, it just works better than the 140's, which can give away its location sometimes.  The 280FA has the components encapsulated with a box lined with foam, the only sound you ever hear is what is coming off the ceiling.  280FA is way better than 280F's plus 140 modules.