Klipsch RT-12d subwoofer-thinking of selling mine

Matty204

Hello from Winnipeg, Canada...I'm new here but not new to Klipsch. I had an RF-82 5.1 channel system a few years ago then switched to Paradigm Studio and now just recently switched back to Klipsch with an RF-83/ RC-64/ RS-62/ RT-12d set of speakers that I picked up locally. The RT-12d sub is quite impressive but I'm planning to go bigger so I'm thinking of selling it...I would like to get the most I possibly can for it but still want to be reasonable, so I'm looking for opinions on what to ask for it on here or on e bay, etc. before I actually go ahead and list it. I know that these are the most powerful and most sought after/ hard to find sub in the Klipsch reference line so I would imagine I can get a decent amount for it. It's in excellent condition with the original box/ packaging, ARC set up mic, grilles, etc.

17499087_10154917705601539_4229599678982628445_n.jpg

17499300_10154917705656539_7967556626490316753_n.jpg

17553619_10154917705586539_8896083880080242418_n.jpg

17499436_10154917705671539_2812967274402417783_n.jpg

Edited by Matty204

Matty,

Welcome to the forum.

Don't quote me on this but I imagine my cherry RT-10d's would go for around $450.00 each if I was to sell them so the cherry RT-12d should fetch near the $550.00 to $600.00 range.  Black slightly less on average IMO.

Bill

Hmm ok I was thinking that they were worth quite a bit more then that...I'm planning to list mine on e bay in the near future and start at a fairly high asking price and see what happens. If someone has one of these already and wants a second one bad enough I'm sure they'll be willing to pay a premium for it.

2 hours ago, Matty204 said:

Hmm ok I was thinking that they were worth quite a bit more then that...I'm planning to list mine on e bay in the near future and start at a fairly high asking price and see what happens. If someone has one of these already and wants a second one bad enough I'm sure they'll be willing to pay a premium for it.

Worth a shot.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

On 3/26/2017 at 3:25 PM, Matty204 said:

there is almost no sales history of these on the net. the only one i found was from 2013 and it sold for what would be $825 us dollars  1100 canadian if we assume there was no obo. if there was it would be less

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649095784-klipsch_rt12d/

it's 4 years older now. if you were going to aim high that could be a starting point 

one also sold recently here but you would have to pm the guy for a price as to what he got http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-audio-gear/2736649-sf-bay-area-klipsch-set-rf-83-rc-64-rt-12d-sub.html

7 hours ago, Matty204 said:

This is the only recent one I could find... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RT-12D-Powered-Subwoofer-Black-Item-Was-A-Store-Demo-/272329804775?_ul=AR

I listed mine on e bay for $1895 CDN...as far as I can see it's the only one for sale anywhere so we'll see what happens.

It does not look like the one on Ebay sold.  

Can't hurt to start high looking for that one crazy obsessed buyer who has to have it but it may be a long wait.:o;)

Bill

14 hours ago, willland said:

It does not look like the one on Ebay sold.  

Can't hurt to start high looking for that one crazy obsessed buyer who has to have it but it may be a long wait.:o;)

Bill

It did sell or is no longer available, I don't know why the ad is in spanish and I can't seem to change it to english but VENDIDO is SOLD.

I've never had the RT-12d but have had a couple of the RT-10d's, great little subwoofers. I thought the RT-10's were pretty comparable to the RSW-12 so I imagine the RT-12 would give the RSW-15 a good run for the money. If you need a sub why don't you just keep it? Can't imagine you'll do a lot better in a similar sized cabinet for the money.

One thing to consider is the brand new Palladium subs are selling right now for $1950 shipped with warranty direct from Klipsch which should put a bit of a cap on your sale price considering its used, 10 years old? with no warranty. Still, I would think considering the performance and rarity of the RT-12 I'd think somewhere around the $1000 mark wouldn't be too far off. Nice system by the way and good luck with your sale!

• Like 1