Klipschorn Upgrade Package

trloh

The items are no longer for sale.

I have a package of parts to upgrade a pair of Klipschorns.  There are three JBL tweeters included as maybe you would like to have a spare or you might want to do a custom center channel some day.  There are:

• Two ALK Engineering Extreme Slope Crossover for Klipschorns consisting of:
    • Two ES400 Woofer to Squawker Crossovers
    • Two ES5800 Squawker to Tweeter Crossovers
  • Two ALK Engineering Klipschorn Squawker and Tweeter top hat inserts with Martinelli Sound wood tractrix horns and correct speaker grill covering consisting of:
    • Two JBL 2404H Tweeters (Baby Cheeks)
    • Two B&C DCM50-8 Midrange Drivers
  • One spare JBL 2404H Tweeter

These items are heavy, large, and delicate so shipping is something I would prefer to avoid.  I am in the St. Louis area and would consider meeting you part way around the area on a weekend if reasonable distance.  The price for all of the items listed is $2800.00 $2600.00.

2017-03-26 16.15.27.jpg

2017-03-26 16.16.11.jpg

2017-03-26 16.03.16.jpg

2017-03-26 16.02.29.jpg

2017-03-26 16.08.42.jpg

Edited by trloh
Discontinued sale
  • Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong.  I am going off remembering that at one time ALK Engineering has horns built by Martinelli before the relationship with Fastlane Audio and the Fastrac horns.

I purchased all of this from a gentleman from Cincinnati around 7-8 years ago and I don't know how long he had them for before me.

3 hours ago, trloh said:

I am in the St. Louis area

Evening "trloh", I just noticed this ad and something is suspiciously familiar about it.  Are you by chance the seller of the RF-7's in High Ridge as well?  If so, I am interested in the 7's.  I live in Columbia, MO.

Thanks,

Matt ♪ ♫

I understand the wish to have things separated.  I bought them as a whole purchase and for now I am interested in selling as a complete set.  I could entertain splits later.  I would also entertain an offer without the extra JBL tweeter I have listed.  

Matthew I will reply to your email.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 7:31 PM, trloh said:

Correct me if I am wrong.  I am going off remembering that at one time ALK Engineering has horns built by Martinelli before the relationship with Fastlane Audio and the Fastrac horns.

I purchased all of this from a gentleman from Cincinnati around 7-8 years ago and I don't know how long he had them for before me.

Yes they did .... I bought some Martinelli horns from Al for my Belles... best move I ever made and Al was great to deal with.

I purchased Troy's RF-7's.  They were exactly as described and in pristine condition.  I would venture to say all his other components and parts have been taken care of likewise.  In case someone is "on the fence", trusted seller, buy with confidence (my 2 cents)...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

I have spoken to a gentleman not far from St. Louis who is interested in the entire purchase which would mean no shipping and no breaking up of the items.  I am going to hold off for him to get the female approval - or at least make up his mind.  This is a recent development.

Thanks Matt for the response and yes these items are just about like new condition.

Troy

• Like 1