AV Receiver for RP 260 System

Minh

Hi all,

I'm going to buy RP 260 system which includes RP 260F, RP 440C, RP 250S and R 112SW. Currently, I'm using Yamaha RX-V679 for my home theater. My question is: can my receiver handle the new speakers? I think max output it 90W per channel. By the way, my room size is 16 feet x 19 feet, do you guys think RP 260 system will be a good fit?

Thanks in advance

Klipsch support on the 800 number would probably tell you no but I think you'd be fine as long as you don't get too crazy with it.  You'd have to spend quite a bit to jump up into the 140 watts per channel range but even if you did you're only looking at a what, 1.5 db gain?  Sooner or later you're going to want to upgrade based on features but I wouldn't make it a huge priority based on the wattage alone.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick response, MetropolisLakeOutfittersI won't turn the volume all the way so I hope the current receiver should work fine. Eventually, I will get a new receiver but not for now, I need to wait for my wife to cool down before buying new toys. 

Do you have any comment about my room size and the RP 260 system?

1 hour ago, Minh said:

Do you have any comment about my room size and the RP 260 system?

It would be fine.  If it were me I'd at least bump up to the RP-450C and R-115SW if budget allows, preferably two R-115SW's.  Those towers are all you need if you're using subs.  The 15's just dig quite a bit lower, you're going to outgrow that R-112SW.  I have four 18's in a similar sized room and want more.