12" Sub + F3 Setting

steviekfc

Good evening everyone,

I was just wondering what I should have my settings on the rear of my sub set to?

I own is 2 x Klipsch Synergy F3's and the Klipsch 12" subwoofer.

http://www.klipsch.com.au/products/f-3-floorstanding-speaker
&
http://www.klipsch.com.au/products/sub-12-subwoofer

I'm just not sure what to set the marked settings to?

I will have my sub connected to my receiver (Yamaha RX-A860 or Yamaha RX-A1060, yet to arrive) via the red RCA input.

Thank you for your advice.

Steve

SUB1.png

Sub setups that already have a built in amp like these are simple as pie.

The lowpass setting really only exists for situations where someone does not have an AVR and needs to blend their subs to an amp that doesn't control crossovers.  So in most cases like yours, you simply turn that dial all the way to max.  This doesn't mean it will cross that high.  It simply means you are letting the AVR handle the crossover and making sure the sub is allowed to play whatever the AVR wants without restrictions.

The gain knob will be set to calibrate the proper level to match the mains in the room.  So the AVR will run a correction program which tells you that the gain should be higher or lower, or that it is in range.  The gain is NOT a volume knob, it is a gain knob designed to calibrate the sub level to the mains.

You should read the manual for the subs to be sure which input to use the one marked LFE or the red one.  Some people use an RCA spliltter (around $2-$10) to plug in both inputs, but that is rarily necessary.

• Like 2

Phase should be set to 0.  

Auto on is an option.  Most people don't want to manually turn on and off their subs so they leave this on.

It uses very little power doing so, but the option is yours.  Some have found the auto on/off feature better or worse for a given sub...some turn it off when little content is coming through...but the sub is still on, causing it to click back on on demand, which is really annoying!

• Like 2

• 6 years later...
10 hours ago, Jerminator32075 said:

New to the thread. I have 2 synergy sub 12’s and one will not auto turn on.  Is there a fix for this or can someone please help guide me in the direction I need to go?  I really appreciate it.  Thank you!  

If it works with the power switch set to “On” then just set it to that.