C7- 150- rockford illinois

calhockey10

I got my reply back from the Seller just now.  He wants to try to sell it locally because it would be difficult to box and ship.  I don't blame him and I totally understand his sentiment.

Is there anyone near Rockford who would care to help me do this transaction?

1 minute ago, IbizaFlame said:

If he ever comes down near the QC, I could help then.  

I'm not familiar with that area, so are we talking Quad Cities? 

I'll shoot him a message to that effect, I just want to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

7 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Yes, Quad Cities.  We're a drive, but I see a lot of people down around here just for weekends and stuff.

So I take it you don't make to Rockford all that often for vacation?  :P

I'm pretty sure someone from the Forum lives there because we talked about the Concert in the Park in the spring which features the music from the competition show of one of my favorite drum and bugle corps, Phantom Regiment.

Some things are stirring in the background.

Big thanks to both Rivernuggets and Gnote, both of whom made generous offers to pick up the speaker for me.  There is a back story but I will have to get to it later as I've got some work from work to do in the short term.

If either of you guys want to share your stories that would be fine with me.  Thing got a little complicated during the sale on my end, then things went real fast as the speakers were picked up by Rivernuggets late tonight.  Funny sometimes how these things work out, never like you planned.  B)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

Speaking of being a punk, why didn't YOU offer to pick it up for Dave?

In Mark's defense, he did offer, it was very nice of him.  Thank you Mark.  :emotion-21:

Things kinda broke down a little when I insisted he buy the speaker out of his own pocket and drive it six hours to me the same day.  Then plug it in, run the Audyssey from my Onk, and thank me for the privilege of visiting Almost Heaven West Virginia.

OK, I might have been a little over the top with that last part. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

In Mark's defense, he did offer, it was very nice of him.  Thank you Mark.  :emotion-21:

Things kinda broke down a little when I insisted he buy the speaker out of his own pocket and drive it six hours to me the same day.  Then plug it in, run the Audyssey from my Onk, and thank me for the privilege of visiting Almost Heaven West Virginia.

OK, I might have been a little over the top with that last part. 

Seem's perfectly reasonable.  I would have insisted he personally deliver it to you with a six pack in hand as well.

• Like 2