Amp Recommendations

Seraphim6801

Hey yall! Any good 2 or 3 channel amps in the $300-$500 range I can get to drive my RF7s? I'm not sure how that works having it run in addition to the receiver either but I would like to find out. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Seraphim6801 said:

I'm not sure how that works having it run in addition to the receiver either but I would like to find out.

To add a 2ch amp, your receiver has to have pre-outs for the main Left and Right channels.  What model is your receiver?

Seraphim6801,

Welcome to the forum.

Where is your location?

2 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I use an Acurus A200 (200 x 2) with my RF-7ii.  It sounds great and is a solid build. 

Another Acurus guy here also.  I have no hesitation to recommend an Acurus A200X3/A200.

Also B&K Reference 200.2/200.3, Anthem MCA-2/MCA-20 or MCA-3/MCA-30, Parasound .

Bill

Seraphim6801,

Welcome to the forum.

Where is your location?

Another Acurus guy here also.  I have no hesitation to recommend an Acurus A200X3/A200.

Also B&K Reference 200.2/200.3, Anthem MCA-2/MCA-20 or MCA-3/MCA-30, Parasound .

Bill

I'm from Lousiana. :)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Seraphim6801 said:

Yamaha Aventage RX-A860.

Your receiver does have the ability to add an external amp.  To hook up a 2ch amp to your current receiver, all you would need is an RCA Cable (Red and White Cable).  Connect the RCA cable to the "Front Pre-out" connections on your receiver, then connect the speaker outs to your speakers.  I sketched up a diagram using your receiver and my 2ch amp.

2ch-amp-connection.jpg

• Like 1

Your receiver does have the ability to add an external amp.  To hook up a 2ch amp to your current receiver, all you would need is an RCA Cable (Red and White Cable).  Connect the RCA cable to the "Front Pre-out" connections on your receiver, then connect the speaker outs to your speakers.  I sketched up a diagram using your receiver and my 2ch amp.

2ch-amp-connection.jpg

Man thank you!!

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

This might be a good read for you - First impressions of the Parasound HCA-2205a Amp.   This was my first power amp.

Thanks Youthman!

I'll definitely read through that.  I've got the RP280's and 450C with a Pioneer SC-1223-k.  I'll have to check if amps are even possible with the Pioneer.

I just added the Emotiva XPA Gen3 app to my Yamaha A2060 and Klipsch RF-711.....I can hear a huge difference......the bass is better hell  everything is better......its a 2 channel amp that you can add more channels later if you want....300watts per channel to the front speakers .....they really came alive.....

Silverfox

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

There are few things but very important you need to do to get the natural sound from your receiver.

Manual speakers set up prior to auto set up YPAO  being the  most important.

You need to configure the low frequencies manually since there is no subs, just like I do with my RX-A2050

and adjust the low frequencies at 31 hz for the RF7 or front speakers. (AVR is factory set up at 80 hz for subs use, and that cut your low frequencies.)

You might have to test several front speaker positions to get the best of them. They need space , so get away From rear and side walls. The rear port will do a better job.

minimum 7 feet apart from left to right, oriented as a triangle focused on your main listening position.

Indicate speaker configuration, and real distance for each one from your main listening position, small or large, and start the auto set up with the microphone;

I do use microphone adjustment at several seating locations, on top of furniture cushions as body equivalent the raise the mic to ear level  to simulate realistic acoustic.

When it's done, don't move anything or re-do the auto set up. Any change of speaker of furniture placement will affect the acoustic and sound image.

Then switch program selector on remote for 2 channel stereo for Music and memorise on one SCENE button . RF7 reproduction is far better in stereo (or direct sound.)

When it's perfect, the singer will be like at the tip of your nose...it's real cool

Please use the Klipsch cables to hook up your RF7; KRSW1210 .  (You would'nt climb a mountain with cheap harness...)

And use HDMI hi speed Monster cables platinium to get the most of your 4K video signal . 

That seems basic but it's a good start. This is a fantastic receiver  full of possibilities you can discover by reading and testing them. Have fun!