Cornwall & Marantz PMIIS3.. worth while?

Northman

Hi.

First time poster here..

We are building a house, and I have sort of/kind of/maybe gotten myself a dedicated listening/Tv room.. its supposed to be a spare bedroom and sometimes used as a home office. So, unfortunately I can`t go full AV room.. there are compromises. The room is 11,5ft x 16,5ft, 8,8ft tall, with a long skinny window up by the ceiling where I am placing the speakers, and a glass door and 6ft window on the opposite end. These two I am going to put heavy drapes across.

I have always wanted a Marantz PM11 S3 & SA11 S3... and combine it with a Klipsch Cornwall. The build quality of the Marantz are very nice.. and the solid long living Cornwall intrests me quite a bit.

I am however not sure, how Marantz and Klipsch goes togheter. Would any of you have reservations regarding this match?

In between these, I am putting a 75" Ultra HD, 4K LED tv.. and running Blue Rays through a Oppo UDP 205 ( whenever it releases)... at a distance of 6-7ft

( Or, do you feel I would need to "upgrade to 5.1" for the imersive movie watching.. considering the large Cornwalls ability to really express themselves in such a sized room)

The primary reason for it, is listening to music. But also, function as a "Home Theater" once in a while.. would the Cornwalls, be to large for this room?

Skjermbilde 2017-03-30 kl. 13.52.59.png

Edited by Northman
  • Like 1

I have the little brother to the pm11s3 a pm8005 and a matching sa8005 and it matches up awesomely with Chorus 2 which has similar characteristics to Cornwall. I would bet the pm11s3 would sound very awesome with Cornwalls. I like sa8005 so much I am buying CD's like it is 1996 again :) I would like to hear the reference series CD player to compare.