MCM-1900 HUGE System for sale

smashwuf

Hey gang, I need to sell my wall of sound.  it is a re-worked MCM1900 system, with some updated drivers, and quad-amped.  Comes with 3 racks of Crown K2 and K1 amplifiers, and all cables, turn key, ready to go.  This is the commercial touring version of the cabinets with the metal edging, and fiberglass covering.  

This system has some history.  3 of the cabinets are serial numbers 1001, 1002, 1003.  The rest come from Terry Hanley (The Bill and Terry Hanley of Woodstock fame) .  I drove them across country to build this wall of Klipsch sound.  Some of the artists Terry Hanley told me these toured with back in the day dropped my jaw.

This system is so efficient that each side (Left and right) can run off of a single  20 ampere wall outlet.  the Crown K series class-i amplifiers perform like power shock absorbers, able to deliver the deepest punch of EDM music to the subwoofers without significant draw on the mains.  The current draw at rest is a steady 4 amps per rack , and even full tilt the system never goes over 15 amps per rack.  At Burning man 2013 (Pictured) We ran this thing for 24 hours a day 8 days straight playing melodic psytrance, on a single cylinder pull start 4000W generator from Harbor Freight, and used less than 50 gallons of gas.  Oh, and the generator was also running 2 full sized refrigerators, and half a dozen fans, as well as swamp coolers.

All amps have been modified to disable sleep mode, and recently had their gain pots cleaned wth Deoxit D5.

Removeable wheels have been added to the MWM cabinets and 8" air filled wheels are included.

Includes:

• 12 MWM cabinets loaded with 2 Eminence Lab 15 drivers each, set up as subwoofers/LFE
  • 6 MWMS cabinets loaded with Klipsch K48KP drivers, set up as mid-bass
  • 4 MSSM cabinets loaded with McCauley drivers as midrange
  • 4 MSM Klipschhorns loaded with JBL 2440 2" compression drivers
  • 3 16-space amp racks containing:
    • 15 Crown K2 amplifiers
    • 4 Crown K1 amplifiers
    • Pre-made speakon cable harnesses on rack plates.
    • Rack covers convert to tables with built-in folding legs.
  • All speakon NL4 cables, all 10 gauge 4-conductor SJOOW stranded copper.
  • (All cabinets have been converted to use Speakon NL4 and are wired for 2-channels each with a switch. 
  • Rack mount PDU's with amp meters

I also have a DBX DriveRack 4800 DSP available to complete the system.

Accepting all reasonable serious offers.

Located in Fremont, California, Buyer arranges transport. 

Currently stored in a 40 foot intermodal shipping container.  Container is available.

email: smashwolf@gmail.com for more pictures, and info.

Klipsch-speaker-wall.png

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

This system is still available.  It will be demonstrated this year at Burning Man at 9:00 and Esplinade.  8 MWM, 4 MWMS, 2 MSSM, 2 MSM, amps and racks .  If you wish to take it home after the burn I can also sell the trailer it packs into.  

The demonstration will be properly tuned for delays end equalization prior to demonstration.  the DSP with all tunings will be included in the sale.

email is smashwolf@gmail.com

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, smashwuf said:

This system is still available.  It will be demonstrated this year at Burning Man at 9:00 and Esplinade.  8 MWM, 4 MWMS, 2 MSSM, 2 MSM, amps and racks .  If you wish to take it home after the burn I can also sell the trailer it packs into.  

The demonstration will be properly tuned for delays end equalization prior to demonstration.  the DSP with all tunings will be included in the sale.

email is smashwolf@gmail.com

Aw man this is my first year since 08 that I'm not going to that thing in the desert, what camp are you with??