Ionewolf

Hello fellow Klipsch users,

Does anyone had an issue with their Klipsch RC-62ii Center Speakers? I have one for like 3 months now and whenever its playing some deep bass on it I hear a noise something squeaky/rattling. First I noticed it while I'm watching a movie, then tried to play some jazz music on it hoping that that noise is only from the movie however, the squeaking still persist. I'm thinking maybe there's rattling/squeaky something on my home, but then I tried to play Stereo (RF-82ii) and I never hear this squeaky rattling noise. I even took out the center speaker from the TV stand to an open space to isolate it from other items and check if the squeaking/rattling is really the center speaker, still, the squeaking/rattling is there. I took a video of this noise while playing some bass test on youtube which I have linked below. With all that being said, I'm wondering if I need to send it back, how's the Warranty work on this? I'm adamant of not sending it back To Frys (where I bought it) since it's too far from me. Can I just bring it to some Klipsch authorize seller near me like Bestbuy/Magnolia?

Squeaky RC-62ii

Here's my current set-up and as you can see, I currently don't run a sub on my system. 

• Klipsch RF-82ii
  • Klipsch RC-62ii
  • Klipsch RB-61ii
  • Denon X3300W (with Audyssey XT32)

Lonewolf,

Welcome to the forum.

2 hours ago, Ionewolf said:

Here's my current set-up and as you can see, I currently don't run a sub on my system. 

• Klipsch RF-82ii
  • Klipsch RC-62ii
  • Klipsch RB-61ii
  • Denon X3300W (with Audyssey XT32)

Being that you are not running a subwoofer(LFE channel), it seems that your AVR could be sending that LFE signal to your RC-62II as well as your mains. 

How is your system configured with your Denon?

Bill

23 hours ago, willland said:

Lonewolf,

Welcome to the forum.

Being that you are not running a subwoofer(LFE channel), it seems that your AVR could be sending that LFE signal to your RC-62II as well as your mains. 

How is your system configured with your Denon?

Bill

Thanks willand! I ran the Audyssey and left all the settings as is but tweaked the Center and Surround speaker crossover.

Klipsch RF-82ii = Large = Crossover @80hz

Klipsch RC-62ii - Small = Crossover @80hz (Audyssey set-it up at 40hz but I brought it to 60hz)

Klipsch RB-61ii - Small = Crossover @60hz (Audyssey set-it up at 80hz but I brought it to 60hz)

6 hours ago, Skylinestar said:

I don't hear any squeaky sound. I do hear distortions.

I used to have a squeaky Rythmik subwoofer that is caused by damaged port due to shipping.

What usually cause those distortions? does that mean that my centers already reached its limits? I'll try to do another sample when I got off work today. 

Try plugging the center channel into one of the RF82s.  If it does not make the sound then you have a defective center channel speaker.

The only other possibility I can see is something in the AVR which would come out by testing the RF82 as the center channel.  

test the speaker by itself and listen. will help you hone in on if it's the speaker itself

also your crossovers aren't really optimized unless you're having a problem with too much bass from the rf82 which would explain the 80hz point. typically those can play 40hz and up and or just set to large while the rc62 is better off 60-80hz and the rears you adjust by power and presence. if they are in corners 80-100hz often makes sense to keep resonance on the low end down. if they are more open and can handle the power you can tune by ear and go down from there with frequency.  the center channel often runs hot and if the cones are moving on that rc62 the distortion will rise in step. watch and listen to that speaker by itself at the loudest volume you listen and try various settings. from what i remember the rc62 gets into trouble at 40hz cross if you put any power to it but operates alright at moderate power at 60hz and higher power at 80hz