Epic CF-3 Denver

edgebar

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The horns look black, which would make them version 2 or 3.  Version 1's are more gray looking.

Actually, those horns are gray, but the ports look shorter (from what I can tell).

Probably makes them version 2, but we need to see the serial numbers to absolutely sure.

The black painted horns came in version 3, according to this:

1 minute ago, Alpha Lima said:

Actually, those horns are gray, but the ports look shorter (from what I can tell).

Probably makes them version 2, but we need to see the serial numbers to absolutely sure.

The black painted horns came in version 3, according to this:

The horns with the more black looking resin (not painted) started with version 2 and continued with v3.  The shorter 2.5" ports were also versions 2 & 3.  The gray looking horns were version 1, only, there is no such thing as a Version 2 with a gray horn.

I give plenty of leeway because photography can be deceiving. The color can be tough to interpret, and so does looking into the port to see the length.  My CF-4 version 1 1994 pics below.

CF-4 Port tube 5.5 inch long.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The horns with the more black looking resin (not painted) started with version 2 and continued with v3.  The shorter 2.5" ports were also versions 2 & 3.  The gray looking horns were version 1, only, there is no such thing as a Version 2 with a gray horn.

I give plenty of leeway because photography can be deceiving. The color can be tough to interpret, and so does looking into the port to see the length.  My CF-4 version 1 1994 pics below.

CF-4 Port tube 5.5 inch long.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

Indeed, the serial numbers are most important, here.

The photos are of too poor quality to determine true color or port length.

• Like 1