What is the value of 2007 La Scala II S

rmlowz

Hello forum friends,

Now that I know what year they are, can someone help me with what I should ask for three La Scala IIs? I have searched and I cant find any for sale anywhere.

I appreciate your help.

rmlowz

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Of course, you can ask whatever you like, but, IMO, a typical selling price ranges from $500 - $1,000 each, with $600 - $700 each more frequent.  Good luck with your sale.

For La Scala II's... I don't think so.

• Like 1

I only have one example of a LS II in Condition B, Oak, Minnesota and it was $1500 pr.  That is not enough from which to base what other sales might be.

The average LS pr in good shape with no mods I have as $1368, the high being $1500.  At $2,000 you get into Khorn territory.

Schu said above $1500 - $2,000 each.  He might be right, I really don't know.  The numbers I listed are just for comparables.

I made  deal for 2500$ pr last year... they got damaged in shipment and I decided to keep them and was refunded $1000... so $1500 pr for me personally.

While your into klipschorn territory, I don't think your not into new klipschorn territory.

I don't think 4500$ for three LSii's is out of the question as an asking my price.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Schu said:

You can ask $1500-$2000 ea...

In my opinion - not even close.  I had a PAIR of Lascalas that had been refinished and were in excellent shape I tried to sell for over 6 months.  I had them listed at first for $1600 (pair), then dropped to $1400 and finally I took them out to the Pilgrimage where everyone there expected me to give them away just for the joy of not having them any more.  ONLY because I was beyond desperate for money to use for closing costs for a new house I let someone steal them from me for $1000 (for the PAIR!).   I hated being forced into a corner to sell them so low and regretted ever taking them out to the Pilgrimage to sell.  You can ASK whatever you want but I highly doubt that you're going to get anywhere close to $1500 each for them.

Ok, the topic is about LS II's.  Seems like you had older ones so  they aren't in the same era as the II's.

And that car anology you gave awhile back about the difference between 10 and 30 years being not that much different is rather dumb.  It's a speaker discussion...not cars.  Now if the LS II's looked like turds, that's another story of course.  But if they are equal in their looks, the newer will be worth more but I doubt many 30+ year old speakers look "perfect" anymore.  

As far as not getting what you wanted...  "Desperate times lead to desperate measures..."  Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.  Move on

In my opinion

• Like 1