Klipsch Belle clone project. Finished and in new house now

avguytx

Thank you sir.  First coat of GF Arm R Seal was put on last night and was dry this morning.  Tonight they will get a light sanding with 400 grit and then the 2nd coat and tomorrow morning, they'll get the 3rd coat.  From what I've read, 3 coats has been the magic number, but, we'll see.  They are looking great and in seeing the reddish/amber tint they have, I'm going to need to build a new equipment rack soon so they don't clash to much.  ha  I'm going to try and get the bass bin grills made tomorrow so they can be painted and covered maybe Sunday and have them installed before everyone comes over Sunday.  I'm hoping they'll be done so we can be listening to Christmas music on them along with the MC250 that I picked up from the tech yesterday.  She's got a clean bill of health for hopefully the rest of my days plus however long my son will want to keep these things.  

• Like 2

I can't even take a picture that does justice to what that second coat of General Finish Oil & Urethane has made this mahogany look like. Unreal. I used 400 grit sandpaper after the first coat dried and they are way smooth. May only take another thin coat to call them good. Maybe a 4th. Who knows. I'm thrilled to death...

20171223_112534-768x1365.jpg

20171223_104033-1024x576.jpg

20171223_104026-1024x576.jpg

• Like 2

Third coat finished up about an hour ago. That's definitely made a huge difference in their looks. I'm thinking 3 coats may be enough to where I can get them back together tomorrow and I can always add another coat to all the major areas if they need it in a week or so. But darn happy with my "new Belles" and how everything  has gone so far. Hopefully next weekend I can get the bass bin grills built and covered and I will be officially done. 

While they are curing overnight, I hooked up the CF-3's on the Mac MC250. Sounding very good...

They are back together and in place for Christmas. Man, once that last coat went on and dried,  then light sanding with 0000 steel wool, and a coat of Liquid Gold, they just came to life. They are all done except for bass bin grills and some minor black touch up paint. Man, they look and sound great! The pictures don't really do them justice on how the finish looks. 

Merry Christmas to all! 

20171224_110656-768x996.jpg

20171224_110752-1024x824.jpg

20171224_110621-1024x551.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Breathtaking.   

It’s probably apocryphal, but I recall hearing that Ms. Valerie Klipsch killed the Belle, IMO the best looking Klipsch speaker, if not the most beautiful speaker, period.  The story had Ms. Valerie Klipsch jealous of the late Belle Klipsch, PWK’s first wife.

I have always been rooting for you to find a pair of Belle's within a reasonable distance. I know as does most of the forum, how long you have been waiting. I'm glad (in a strange way) that you never found any as these are absolutely stunning and will carry with them a much deserved  feeling of pride and ownership. 

Well done my friend, well done!

• Like 1

Kind of tired of Christmas music so starting at 6:30am this morning, it's been Richard Marx,  Allison Krauss, and now Diana Krall. All the family is here and commented on the looks and sound of the speakers. The Mac MC250 is hooked up to them and sounding phenomenal so far. I'm sitting next to one of them so while not the optimum seat, it sounds darn good. :)

I hope everyone is having a great day with friends and family. Merry Christmas to all! 

20171225_110243-768x1234.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

Outstanding project young man!!!   Glad you scored the ribbon mahogany veneer and plywood!!!   Very "clean" build and great finish.

Now you need a second pair but 2 way to compare!!!!!!!!!!!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good speaker!

He sure did a hell of a good job didn't He! Avguytx you have my respect. I think that horn subs are in order now. Happy new year, regards moray james.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, longdrive03 said:

Outstanding project young man!!!   Glad you scored the ribbon mahogany veneer and plywood!!!   Very "clean" build and great finish.

Now you need a second pair but 2 way to compare!!!!!!!!!!!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good speaker!

Thanks, Ken. I appreciate the compliment and also for your great help with the veneer and Baltic birch...worked out perfectly!

Ha. Not sure I want to build a second just to compare...but, I told my best friend he needed a pair of these and we could build them maybe mid to late February. He's thinking about it. Lol. 

5 hours ago, moray james said:

He sure did a hell of a good job didn't He! Avguytx you have my respect. I think that horn subs are in order now. Happy new year, regards moray james.

Moray, I really appreciate your accolades and also answering all the questions over the last couple of years. I am very pleased with them and just need to get those bass bin grills to make them complete, and, a little black paint touch up. 

Horn subs will have to wait till new house and I have my own room and not confined to living room. Ha. But will most likely go that route.