Klipsch Belle clone project. Finished and in new house now

avguytx

I got a new pair of toys in today. :)  Had to do some other stuff around the house today including swapping out for new couch, love seat, and recliner and rearrange back deck as we had a new roof put on last week.  So today, I'm going to veneer the last two panels for the other side's top section and get them painted.  If time permits, I'm going to paint the crossover boards and clean up the inductors and autoformers.  Not enough time in the day...

20171202_153137-1280x720.jpg

• Like 5

Well, as always,  I didn't get as much time on them as I wanted but Saturday I did some black painting on various parts including the last 2 large panels for the top sections plus crossover boards painted. This afternoon,  I finished up the edge banding on the last 2 pieces and had a chance to get one of the top sections almost done. The rubber feet are all mounted which worked out well, too. 

There will be some black touch up paint to do once they're complete but that won't be a big deal. I was hoping to get the woofers mounted but that didn't happen. :-/ Oh well.  Here's the progress from this weekend. I'm quite pleased...I had almost forgot how damn good they look. Even my wife likes them...called them "pretty". 

20171203_175908-768x1365.jpg

20171203_182723-1280x720.jpg

20171203_184257-1280x720.jpg

20171203_185953-768x1024.jpg

20171203_190008-768x1105.jpg

20171203_190024-1024x1129.jpg

20171203_182718-1280x720.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Crites A55G moves the sound through that half inch tube before the horn expands. Interesting that it looks smaller from this inside view than when I've shined a light into the horn from the other end and looked at mine. Bet that New Years Eve will be rockin' at your house!

• Like 1

ha.  Yeah, but it will depend on if we do New Years at our house or go to my best friends house and hang out.  Heck, it may be after Christmas I get to hear them in the house since that dang tree is in the way.  I just don't see how she thinks the left speaker is going to fit close to the Christmas tree and still get stuff underneath it.  I guess I can just set up my little Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 tube amp in the garage with Deezer lossless playing into them for the first listening.  10wpc ought to run them just fine.

• Haha 1

Sheesh. 22 degrees this morning. Gonna be cold putting a remote start on my daughter's Jeep Compass while she's gone to a school thing. It's a early Christmas present. 

Plus trying to work on speakers later will be interesting. I need a heated shop. :-/

Well, I got my daughters remote start installed on her Compass and the temp is 50 outside although quite windy.  Looks like it's time to put the second top section together and try and get them in the house to stabilize in temperature and get a finish on them.  Later when I'm inside, I'm going to work on the crossovers.  Here we go...

Second top section is done and both are ready to have tweeters mounted and new mids attached. The woofer is mounted in one cabinet, with 8 bolts, and the doghouse cover is gasketed and mounted. :) I'm trying to get them together where the cabinets can come in the house to get acclimated to the inside temp and humidity before I put any finish on them. Better to do it inside with around 70 degree temp than a windy garage hovering 40 to 50 degrees. 

So far so good. Gonna try and work on crossovers later.

20171209_155107-1280x842.jpg

20171209_151248-1024x576.jpg

20171209_154348-1024x576.jpg

20171209_154131-768x1365.jpg

• Like 3

Crossover boards with holes filled in and painted black. Trying to keep some of the originality to them. Just filled holes so I could reposition parts a little better. Nothing too exciting but it's a picture. Ha  I thought I had some NevrDull but apparently don't so a trip down to O'reilly's real quick and I'll clean up on the inductors and autoformers a bit.

My wife and I are going to carry these in the house tonight so they don't take a chance of getting banged up in the garage.  She told me, "you've worked to hard on these...get 'em in the house".  

20171209_173840-1024x475.jpg