Klipsch Belle clone project. Finished and in new house now

avguytx

I may end up building an all new set with new autoformers and coils. I figure they're worth it with all new drivers, etc., but may look into that. Thanks for the heads up. 

Also going to research some sort of smallish sub I could build for short term low bass addition till we get a new house. Would like to have a little of the low end back...but not a deal breaker. I have a 125wpc Carver amp and a 400+ wpc Carver M-1.0t that I can use. 

I just ordered a quart each of General Finish Seal A Cell and Arm-R-Seal.  I've used GF stuff for years and my uncle, who was a master craftsmen/cabinet builder., used them 35 years ago with great results.  Should be in by Saturday and can get rolling on the finish along with working on the grills.

I thought I'd do title updates so if people were interested, they'd be more likely to look if there's some progress and change.  I'd talked about building these for over 2 years and I would guess some thought it would never happen....kind of a "yeah, yeah...".  lol.  It just took some time after my mothers health went downhill then her passing earlier this year.  Lots of things took priority, of course.  Now it's getting the finish on them and I can call it good as no drivers will need to be "updated" or changed since I already have new drivers.  

• Like 1

I've had some beater LS cabs sitting here for almost six years now, I think. They are about to the point of just putting in the drivers and wiring back up the crossovers and I can listen, but life just got tooooo busy.

Bruce