SW8-II - Power but no Thump

PCA7GGR

My Klipsch SW8 II subwoofer was working intermittently. This morning its not working at all. Turning power on and off the power nor rotating the volume and level knobs has no effect. My Cambridge Topaz SR10's subwoofer output has a single RCA plug that I split with a "Y" adapter to plug into the sub's input terminals.

"Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!". Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well, replaced the cable and the problem was not resolved. So, I bought a power module (plate on the housing that the cable plugs into that has white & black wires that go to woofer). Still no sound. Sent the module back to seller who refunded payment but tells me that he tested the module and it's good.

do now I'm down to a shot woofer. Can someone recommend what replacement to buy and where to get it? Thanks

P.S. I'm about as good on searches as I am trouble shooting - ;>)

It worked intermittently then not at all. I then assumed that it was the built-in amp so I bought the entire electronic broad. Still no sound. Sent it back and seller gave me a refund even though it tested OK. Now I'm down to the speaker itself being shot. 

Is is this any clearer?

Need to replace the powered subwoofer speaker (k-1012-k) in my SW8-lol subwoofer. Can someone recommend a good replacement with same/similar specs and where to by it? 

Ive tried two swap signal source between receiver and CD player, swapped out the cable and tried a different (tested) power board - none of this has resolved the "no sound" issue. So I'm down to the speaker itself. Thanks

sergio

28 minutes ago, PCA7GGR said:

It worked intermittently then not at all. I then assumed that it was the built-in amp so I bought the entire electronic broad. Still no sound. Sent it back and seller gave me a refund even though it tested OK. Now I'm down to the speaker itself being shot. 

Is is this any clearer?

Makes sense yes.  Unless you can find one for next to nothing, I'd scrap the sub and look for something else.