help on choosing integrated amp for a pair of cornwall llls

i plan on getting a pair of cornwall llls and was just wondering what integrated amps would be a good match with them in the $1000-1500 range.what would you prefer with them in that range out of marantz,yamaha, ect? this will be mainly for 2 ch music.i love music and klipsch but wouldnt consider myself an audiophile.thank you! any other suggestions are welcome btw :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

guess any 3 options on the amps.can you get NEW tube amps still?

Yes you can.  Don't know much about tube amps but plenty here on the forum that do.

4 minutes ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

im located in conway arkansas.

Plenty of Klipsch Heritage owners in Arkansas including Cornwalls.

5 minutes ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

i would say the room is midsize.

3000ft3 maybe?

Your budget opens up plenty of options of fine integrated amps.

For solid state look for NAD, Cambridge Audio, Yamaha, Marantz, just to name a few.

Bill

7 hours ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

whats some good brands of tube amps? are the NON reference marantz integrated amplifiers still decent?

Hi and welcome! 

Don't have any recent experience with tube, but NON reference marantz pm8005 is very nice. Good luck with your search!

5 hours ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

what would you guys go with between the yamaha i posted and the previously mentioned marantz 8005?

Tough to say.  

Yamaha fans will say A-S1000 while Marantz fans will choose PM8005.

Though I am completely satisfied with all characteristics(build quality, neutral sounding, quiet, detailed, bass drive, etc.) of the Yamaha A-S1000, I don't think you would be disappointed with either choice.

Image result for yamaha A-S1000

vs

Related image

Bill

2 hours ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

anyone bought from joesav.com? they have the cheapest price ive seen on the yamaha a-s1000 so far at 1089 no tax free shipping.anyone know of a better place or deal on it?

Not a bad price at all.  Accessories4less usually has refurbished models for a bit less but they are currently out of stock.

2 hours ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

around what price can you get the marantz 8005 for?

Refurbished here.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marpm8005/marantz-pm8005-stereo-integrated-amplifier/1.html

Bill

I have a Marantz PM6006 with 2 optical inputs and a digital coax input. The 6006 is the little brother to the 8005 and I have been happy with it. Seems to be built well. The DAC is good. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that they use a single remote for many different products so you have a large remote with only a handful of functions that actually work for the amp. If you add other Marantz components I can see how this would turn into a good thing.