Quote of the day

Travis In Austin

4 hours ago, billybob said:

"The mental features discoursed of as the analytical, are in themselves but little susceptible to analysis" Poe

I thought Poe was a better writer.

Did you know Poe attended USMA at West Point briefly? Didn't suit him and vice versa.

• Like 1

Yes I do know. His adopted father wanted some discipline for what he considered a lay about. It is the first line of one of his mystery stories. Like some of his poems as well. besides Annabelle Lee.

Thanks man, glad you are doing well...:)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, billybob said:

glad you are doing well...:)

Thanks.

It all came out well in the end.  The doc removed a couple of polyps.  As Carl said, propofol is excellent.  Don't let anyone stick a scope in you without it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks.

It all came out well in the end.  The doc removed a couple of polyps.  As Carl said, propofol is excellent.  Don't let anyone stick a scope in you without it.

There is a medical blood test that is around 95% accurate for a negative prognosis or better for the indication. Going from memory now but, yeah. Only had one procedure around 51 or so. Next I may opt for a test first. That is great Neil.  I had one they said. The best!

Carl is a good source then. for answers...You were posting near just after so, must be right. I was groggy and slept a bit.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

THOMAS JEFFERSON, Declaration of Independence

• Like 6

11 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

THOMAS JEFFERSON, Declaration of Independence

One of those things that still gives me Goosebumps when I read it!

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 0:25 AM, dwilawyer said:

Since the measuring device has been constructed by the observer, we have to remember that what we observe is not nature itself but nature exposed to our method of questioning.

WERNER HEISENBERG

Was he certain about that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Was he certain about that?

Was his cat?

Heisenberg and Schrödinger get pulled over for speeding.

The cop asks Heisenberg "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Heisenberg replies, "No, but we know exactly where we are!"

The officer looks at him confused and says "you were going 108 miles per hour!"

Heisenberg throws his arms up and cries, "Great! Now we're lost!"

The officer looks over the car and asks Schrödinger if the two men have anything in the trunk.

"A cat," Schrödinger replies.

The cop opens the trunk and yells "Hey! This cat is dead."

Schrödinger angrily replies, "Well he is now."

• Like 2