Best 15" drivers for DBB

Pat,

I speak from experience with the MCM 2953 driver.  Go to the website and scroll down the reviews and you'll see my review  that the pair I got were WAY OFF on specs.  Not even close.  QUT was like .7??.   (I think I made a type on the spl I measured it was nowhere close to their published specs).

At that price QC can't be extremely high.  I've had 12" MCM woofer that had the same problem.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, longdrive03 said:

Pat,

I speak from experience with the MCM 2953 driver.  Go to the website and scroll down the reviews and you'll see my review  that the pair I got were WAY OFF on specs.  Not even close.  QUT was like .7??.   (I think I made a type on the spl I measured it was nowhere close to their published specs).

At that price QC can't be extremely high.  I've had 12" MCM woofer that had the same problem.  Hope this helps.

Very good to know. I just bought the Parts Express kit to measure T/S values. If I get a speaker that doesn't match what's published....sending it back.

What do you think about the MOFO driver from MCM that I mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

I use Crites 15" Cast in my La Scala's 

Another consideration with lower hertz rating @ 21 htz - 97 db is the Altec 416 8C 

That's if you want good tone instead of noise 

As to the specs of the Crites cast 15" subs I have some info I got on the net a long time ago and took a screen shot 

Not sure how accurate the specs are - and it would be good if anyone that can confirm 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I use Crites 15" Cast in my La Scala's 

Another consideration with lower hertz rating @ 21 htz - 97 db is the Altec 416 8C 

That's if you want good tone instead of noise 

As to the specs of the Crites cast 15" subs I have some info I got on the net a long time ago and took a screen shot 

Not sure how accurate the specs are - and it would be good if anyone that can confirm 

image.jpeg

1526 is 4 ohm.  I wouldn't go putting two of them in an enclosure together.

• 3 years later...
On 4/6/2017 at 2:41 PM, jwc said:

If you want much lower hz content...recommend plug port holes and re-port out the back to Re-tune the cabs to much lower hz.  There is a lot of volume there to work with.

Have your heard of someone doing this? I’ve measured my Cornwalls with kappa 15 L.F. and they fall off a Cliff at 45hz. I don’t understand the physics of how a 15” in that big of a box doesn’t go lower. Thanks