RF7II owners input

robc1976

I just got my (4) RF7II's to replace my (4) RF82II's.

I built the riser in my theater so tweeter was exactly

at ear height of 41". The RF7II's tweeter is at 45-46"

When using spikes. So I screwed in front spikes and

Screwed out rear spikes to angle the speaker foward

So tweeter was with in 1" (confirmed with laser) at ear 

Height. Anyone here ever do this? Do you think this could

Cause any issues with sound?  I am asking because all I

Have ever done was raise a floor standing speaker never

Have tilted one.

Rob ddj knows rf7s☺

U are very precise norhing wrong with that.  With dispersion its not needed but what u are doing is ideal as long as its not a big tilt.  Tilting away from ceiling in a carpeted room is fine to do.  I would not as appearance matters too.  Try both see what u like.  

• Moderators

Agree with the others.  Tweeters are directional but they are not an exact aim due to the horn dispersing the sound.  Best thing to do is play with different things.  Try angling them down a bit if you like.  My guess is the amount of angle that the floor spikes will add will not make any noticeable difference but that's just a guess.  I have my LaScalas angled downward but that's because my tweeters are several feet above my ears. 

So where are the pics of your upgraded setup?

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Rob ddj knows rf7s☺

U are very precise norhing wrong with that.  With dispersion its not needed but what u are doing is ideal as long as its not a big tilt.  Tilting away from ceiling in a carpeted room is fine to do.  I would not as appearance matters too.  Try both see what u like.  

Tilt is very minor, but less than 1/8l moved teeeter from 46"+ to 42". Still above esr height but not by much.

20170407_091314-800x600.jpg

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

Agree with the others.  Tweeters are directional but they are not an exact aim due to the horn dispersing the sound.  Best thing to do is play with different things.  Try angling them down a bit if you like.  My guess is the amount of angle that the floor spikes will add will not make any noticeable difference but that's just a guess.  I have my LaScalas angled downward but that's because my tweeters are several feet above my ears. 

So where are the pics of your upgraded setup?

Here are some pics, very crappy phone pics with no light lol! Ignore TV, I have 138" screen and epson 5040ube on way.

20170407_090649-800x600.jpg

20170407_090727-800x600.jpg

20170407_091049-800x600.jpg

20170407_091203-800x600.jpg

4 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Man that's a very impressive setup!  It's going to rock

It sounds pretty impressive, I can turn it up louder with the RF7II vs the RF82II in front, the RF7II are a lot less sharp on the ears.

Room was a lot of work, 6 layers of drywall with 3 tubes of green glue beteeen each sheet. 

36'L X 8'H X 25'W, wish ceilings where a bit higher. Adding in second row of seats this week on 12" riser.

13 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Where are you located and when is the gtg???? LOL really nice job, especially the construction that must make an amazing difference.

You are chasing the last 3%, which is awesome.  Don't get too distracted from how great it already is :)

I am located in columbia IL, its GTG just a small 64" screen lol!  I just calibrated it and it sounds amazing. Only thing left is marble labs on speakers and subs may just do the subs. If I do the speakers I will put rubber barrier to prevent marring.

Room makes HUGE difference.