New Speakers/Sound Quality

Seraphim6801

Just got a set of brand new RF7s and the RC64 with a Yamaha reciecer. I'm not quite satisfied with the sound yet, however. The bass isn't quite what I was hoping for.. Any recommendations on how to get more out these speakers? Do I need an amp? My receiver only has a Treble/Bass +/-6db and its not pushing out what I want. Thx yall!!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Seraphim6801 said:

Just got a set of brand new RF7s and the RC64 with a Yamaha reciecer. I'm not quite satisfied with the sound yet, however. The bass isn't quite what I was hoping for.. Any recommendations on how to get more out these speakers? Do I need an amp? My receiver only has a Treble/Bass +/-6db and its not pushing out what I want. Thx yall!!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Give us some more specifics on gear used and room type/dimensions to better serve you.;)

Bill

• Like 1

which receiver is it? yamaha doesn't have a receiver near the quality of their upper line integrated amps i've heard the rf7 sound amazing and terrible and it all had to do with the room layout and the amplification. having heard the majority of sub $1500 dollar 2015+ model year receivers the only two i would consider say marantz and integra on the front of them. disclaimer. i have not heard the flagship 3000 series yamaha receivers which may be better? it's just as the money climbs a real pre amp processor and dedicated 5ch amplifier start making more sense. speakers often get the most attention for sound quality but in reality they are just a part of the entire picture 

• Like 1