Klipsh RP-260F with RP-440C/RP-250C, RP-150M/RP240S??

Arkay

Hi Guys

Am new to this forum. I am getting my basement finished (under construction) and planning for a home theater setup. I did my research and decided to go with RP-260F speakers. 

Need help in picking up the best center and surround speakers. Did a lot reading and came up with these and came up with couple of options. Appreciate any help!!

Which one of these center speakers are better for my RP-260Fs?

- RP 250C (2 bigger speakers 51/2 ")

- RP 440C (4 smaller speakers 4")

Which one of these speakers are better for surround? See Photo

Keep in mind my couch is against 2 pillars (basement support pillars) and my screen is 9ft on the wall from couch. Back wall is 10 ft from couch/pillars

- RP 240S

- RP 150M

Basement_Couch b4 pillars_Screen on the wall.png

Edited by Arkay

Get the 240 for surrounds if they are gonna be on your sides. Or the 150's if they are gonna be behind you. 

Get the 450c for center. Don't skimp. This is the most important speaker. Sub is number 2. Get with @MetropolisLakeOutfitters For a sweet deal on a center and surrounds. He might even cut you better deals if you bundle with a sub. 

• Like 2

Thank you. I was about to pull trigger on RP-440c until some users and crutchfield suggested 2 5.25" speakers (RP-250c) is better practically compared to 4 4" speakers (RP-440c)...so thought I will get opinion from Home theater gurus. So u still think 440c is the way to go?

For surrounds, planning to mount them behind couch on the poles (posted pic on original post)....so 150m is the way to go? Little concerned that it doesn't say 'S' in rp- 150m....I know they can be used as front as well....

Thank you. I was about to pull trigger on RP-440c until some users and crutchfield suggested 2 5.25" speakers (RP-250c) is better practically compared to 4 4" speakers (RP-440c)...so thought I will get opinion from Home theater gurus. So u still think 440c is the way to go?

For surrounds, planning to mount them behind couch on the poles (posted pic on original post)....so 150m is the way to go? Little concerned that it doesn't say 'S' in rp- 150m....I know they can be used as front as well....

440c vs 250c....id go 440c if seats are 15ft away or more...250c otherwise.

450c is nicest option but again to me becomes more important as distance increases.

its not as simple as 4s vs 5s, its more a design choice. 

surrounds i totally agree sides are bipoles back are direct firing....my preferences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkay said:

Everybody loves the 450C.  Everybody get gets the 250C ends up wanting the 450C.  Just keep that in mind. :)  

Ideally your rear surrounds would actually be on the sides.  A 5.1 system with surrounds behind you doesn't work as well.  I can't recommend a particular placement based on this one picture but in general that would be the ideal goal.  Can you draw out the room or post more pictures?  

Thanks for the input guys… Before i pull the trigger on these speaker combo, really appreciate if you would pick out the best option for me here and why...

Option1:

RP-250F (Front)

RP-450C (Center)

RP-150M (Surround) - Not opting for 240s since these are going to be mounted on the sides bi poles right behind couch direct firing

Option2:

RP-260F (Front)

RP-440C (Center)

RP-150M (Surround) - - Not opting for 240s since these are going to be mounted on the sides bi poles right behind couch direct firing

Option3:

RP-250F (Front)

RP-250C (Center)

RP-150M (Surround) - Not opting for 240s since these are going to be mounted on the sides bi poles right behind couch direct firing

Edited by Arkay

2 hours ago, Arkay said:

Never mind! Got a good deal on this on this bundle and just pulled the trigger  :-)

RP-280F

RP-450C

RP-160M

Definitely a better set up than the other choices. One you won't regret. Congrats.