Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless 7.1 Floorstanding and Monitor System with 10" Subwoofer

PJB75

Hello, I am not really a tech savvy person and I am in need of serious help. I just purchased & set up the home theater system listed above. I would like to know how I can connect the wireless hub via my Onkyo receiver? After setting this system up & running everything via the Klipsch wireless hub & HDTV my brand new receiver is useless and serves no purpose. 

Thanks for any tips or advice.

PJB

Edited by PJB75

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2017 at 2:57 PM, PJB75 said:

Hello, I am not really a tech savvy person and I am in need of serious help. I just purchased & set up the home theater system listed above. I would like to know how I can connect the wireless hub via my Onkyo receiver? After setting this system up & running everything via the Klipsch wireless hub & HDTV my brand new receiver is useless and serves no purpose. 

Thanks for any tips or advice.

PJB

I think the wireless controller is designed to be used in lieu of an AVR.   You could potentially use it as a really expensive HDMI switch but otherwise it's features would go unused as you said.  That's what I see a a major limitation of a system like this.  No room correction, no Atmos, inability to use other speakers.  What would be ideal is if they incorporated the WiSA tech into a modern AVR allowing a mix of wired and wireless.  I'm guessing it will happen eventually.  Denon has their HEOS tech but right now their standard AVRs don't allow HEOS speakers to be used for surrounds even though their soundbars with HEOS do use wireless HEOS for surrounds.